The Tramlines Festival 2012 Megathread

Tramlines-

Blimey Bobs123. I had honestly assumed the bar staff were getting paid. I've done bar work and kitchen work many times over the years and whilst I'm no stranger to long shifts I'd've thought employers are running the risk of a prosecution if they're not paying minimum wage at least. That definitely needs sorting if true.

If you volunteer to do it, then its not illegal. Although volunteering to work over a weekend on any busy festival would be a bit mental.

And having checked it, bars were paying staff, my bad. :shakes:

Why would they? Tramlines began with them and DQ to get people in over the summer. People seem to forget that one. This year, there were too many venues jumping on the bandwagon to be honest. And

I've always thought the genius of tramlines was that any venue could take part - which is why its grown as fast as it has. Good to see Plug back involved as well...

I've always thought the genius of tramlines was that any venue could take part - which is why its grown as fast as it has. Good to see Plug back involved as well...

Exactly right. It's free in every sense of the word.

• 4 weeks later...
Personally speaking I think a good idea might be having donation buckets on the main stage and a donation button on the website where the public can show their support on a completely voluntary basis without having to buy a ticket. That would surely generate thousands of pounds of extra revenue.

I'm pretty sure that Tramlines 2011 offered people the chance to send a premium text message for £5 that acted as a donation. I didn't see a similar service this year?

Tramlines 2012 were REYT GOOD yet again - Glastonbury aside, surely the greatest UK festival - paid or free! Highlights: 65daysofstatic @ New Music Stage, Slaves @ upstairs at the Great Gatsby, and Cassette Jam playing some killer dubstep in the Saturday evening sunshine to a huge, grinning and dancing crowd @ West One Rox, West One Plaza Sheffield. Got so much love for Sheffield!

• 1 month later...

Archived