Twitter racist jailed

so all the jokes going around about muamba all deserve prison sentences and for all those who repeat the jokes? no!

i'm unsure what the bloke actually said but i'm sure it dont deserve prison !

Why are you unsure? You could easily have googled it - surely its better to be informed about the subject before dismissing what he said as a joke? How can you be sure if you haven't bothered to find out?

Here it is

Defamation, confidentiality, official secrets, etc. If someone posted all the details of your personal life and added some lies on top I doubt you'd take the attitude that anyone has the right to publish whatever they want. For example if I got your credit card number and pin number and put them on here would you be happy about the obvious fraud that would follow? You say we have the power to control our feelings and our lives but what about the power to control the feelings and lives of others?

Free speech, confidentiality and slander are totally different, I thought this would be quite obvious.

Expressing how you feel about someone / something is fine and totally different to lies and slander.

Defamation, confidentiality, official secrets, etc. If someone posted all the details of your personal life and added some lies on top I doubt you'd take the attitude that anyone has the right to publish whatever they want. For example if I got your credit card number and pin number and put them on here would you be happy about the obvious fraud that would follow? You say we have the power to control our feelings and our lives but what about the power to control the feelings and lives of others?

And without free speech you wouldn't even be able to voice your opinion that free speech should be restricted to only views you approve of.

Maybe i am becuase I believe in nonsense like freedom to say what we like, to write what we like, to think what we like, to create what we like, and to feel what we like. We have to have the power to control our feelings, and our lives and free will.

Free speech, confidentiality and slander are totally different, I thought this would be quite obvious.

Expressing how you feel about someone / something is fine and totally different to lies and slander.

I think your second post here is called moving the goalposts. In your first you said the bit I've highlighted. I then pointed out that if that applied to everyone it would involve breach of confidentiality, defamation and breach of official secrets. People can't just say what they want with impunity. What people write, create and say is controlled by law. That's what we're discussing on this thread, someone being jailed for what he posted on the internet.

You then came back with your second quote which contains a factual inacurracy. The freedom "to say what we like etc" must include defamatory comments at some point. People aren't allowed to say whatever they want. There is no completely free speech as what we say is controlled by law. You can go to jail or be sued for what you say, write, create, etc.

The law is clear. People get sued and/or go to jail if they say the wrong thing. You seem to find it impossible to accept that. The fact that we're discussing someone who's in jail for posting on the internet should convince you of that. You say you believe in a freedom as an absolute freedom but it's not absolute. It's controlled by law. Hence a racist in prison.

I think your second post here is called moving the goalposts. In your first you said the bit I've highlighted. I then pointed out that if that applied to everyone it would involve breach of confidentiality, defamation and breach of official secrets. People can't just say what they want with impunity. What people write, create and say is controlled by law. That's what we're discussing on this thread, someone being jailed for what he posted on the internet.

You then came back with your second quote which contains a factual inacurracy. The freedom "to say what we like etc" must include defamatory comments at some point. People aren't allowed to say whatever they want. There is no completely free speech as what we say is controlled by law. You can go to jail or be sued for what you say, write, create, etc.

The law is clear. People get sued and/or go to jail if they say the wrong thing. You seem to find it impossible to accept that. The fact that we're discussing someone who's in jail for posting on the internet should convince you of that. You say you believe in a freedom as an absolute freedom but it's not absolute. It's controlled by law. Hence a racist in prison.

Slander and lies is different to free speech whre you can express how you FEEL, its you who is moving the goal posts.

The law is not clear at all, freedom of speech should cover racism because some folk are racist, otherwise where does it end? We'll have to make homophobic language illegal, then sexist language, then anti Guardinaist language, then anti governemnt language, soon we'll be arresting people for speaking in a tone you don't like.

The right to free speech, however offensive your speech may be, is a right that should have full protection at all costs.

The right to free speech, however offensive your speech may be, is a right that should have full protection at all costs.

You support the actions of those nutjob muslims who jeered at the coffins of returning servicemen?

You support the actions of those nutjob muslims who jeered at the coffins of returning servicemen?

So becuase I support free speech this now means i support all kinds of ofensive crazy right wing islamic fruitcakes.

Free speech means people can say all kinds of offensive, crazy and controversial things, thats exactly how free speech works!

Archived