Twitter racist jailed

Slander and lies is different to free speech whre you can express how you FEEL, its you who is moving the goal posts.

The law is not clear at all, freedom of speech should cover racism because some folk are racist, otherwise where does it end? We'll have to make homophobic language illegal, then sexist language, then anti Guardinaist language, then anti governemnt language, soon we'll be arresting people for speaking in a tone you don't like.

The right to free speech, however offensive your speech may be, is a right that should have full protection at all costs.

Why are you obsessed with the Guardian? Aren't you happy that the rest of the press is rabidly right wing, overtly racist and homophobic anyway?

Maybe you should read it sometime - you might find something you agree with

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/apr/08/victoria-coren-liam-stacey-tweets

No, as said free speech includes everyone including all the nutjob poopy burning Muslims and yourself.

Interesting that you classify those people as 'Nutjobs' but you haven't once condemned the comments of the racist on twitter....

When a white racist makes offensive comments he's exercising freedom of speech - when a Muslim does the same he's a nutjob?

Supporting the right to free speech doesn't mean agreeing with everything that everyone says :loopy:

No ... it means having the right to voice your own personal opinion if it falls within the law and does not incite retribution or violence. A bit like Sheffield forums rules.

Interesting that you classify those people as 'Nutjobs' but you haven't once condemned the comments of the racist on twitter....

When a white racist makes offensive comments he's exercising freedom of speech - when a Muslim does the same he's a nutjob?

Interesting that you jump to stupid conclusions, see my post # 36 on his thread. ;)

Its also interesting how you thought it was me who initially refereed to offensive Muslims as nutjobs, when if you care to read instead of jumping to conclusions again, you'll read it was ferno.

Why are you obsessed with the Guardian? Aren't you happy that the rest of the press is rabidly right wing, overtly racist and homophobic anyway?

Maybe you should read it sometime - you might find something you agree with

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/apr/08/victoria-coren-liam-stacey-tweets

Nothing wrong with the paper, why the presumption there is?

Why the presumption I'm with most other news publications swaying to the right and printing homophobic racist material?

Interesting that you jump to stupid conclusions, see my post # 36 on his thread. ;)

Its also interesting how you thought it was me who initially refereed to offensive Muslims as nutjobs, when if you care to read instead of jumping to conclusions again, you'll read it was ferno.

I didn't come to any conclusion - I just question why you hadn't condemned the twitter racist, despite your numeous posts on this subject?

I didn't come to any conclusion - I just question why you hadn't condemned the twitter racist, despite your numeous posts on this subject?

Yes you did, you're trying to insinuate I only defend white racists and portray me as a racist which is very low even by your standards, Especially when I already have condemned the simpleton = post #91 page 5 so if you want me banned you're going to have to try harder.

Archived