Is the USA sneakily doing what the Germans and Japanese tried?

I think I'm becomeing a bit of a consipacy theorist when it comes to the motives of the US military.

They are moving troups into Australia ( :o peaceful invasion?? :hihi:) to better position themselves to enter South East Asia.

The talks are the latest indicator of how the Obama administration is rapidly turning its strategic attention to Asia as it winds down a costly decade of war in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Advertisement: Story continues below The US government is finalising a deal to station four warships in Singapore and has opened negotiations with the Philippines about boosting its military presence there.

To a lesser degree, the Pentagon is also seeking to upgrade military relations with Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia and Brunei.

Although US officials say the regional pivot is not aimed at any single country, analysts said it is a clear response to a rising China, whose growing military strength and assertive territorial claims have pushed other Asian nations to reach out to Washington.

The Pentagon is reviewing the size and distribution of its forces in northeast Asia, where they are concentrated on Cold War-era bases in Japan and South Korea. The intent is to gradually reduce the US military presence in those countries while enhancing it in Southeast Asia, home to the world's busiest shipping lanes and to growing international competition to tap into vast undersea oil and gas fields.

Read more here:

http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/political-news/us-and-australia-discuss-drone-flights-over-indian-ocean-20120327-1vw10.html

(I'm just saying....... thats all)

Archived