Price of first class stamps to go up 30%

I do realise that, you do realise that they get a heavily discounted rate.

But that's besides the point, how often do you buy and use stamps? If it's any more than...5 times in a year, you need to discover e-mail.

There's always a massive thing in the news about postage going up and I'm like, you can get an object from one side of the country to another in less than a day for 60p, why are you complaining.

You are clearly a very astute person judging by your lucid comments.How do you manage to email someone who lacks a PC,someone poor,someone who is partially sighted,and someone who demands a cheque.I have yet to work it out-can you please assist?

I do realise that, you do realise that they get a heavily discounted rate.

But that's besides the point, how often do you buy and use stamps? If it's any more than...5 times in a year, you need to discover e-mail.

There's always a massive thing in the news about postage going up and I'm like, you can get an object from one side of the country to another in less than a day for 60p, why are you complaining.

Never heard of ebay?

You can of course stockpile some 1st & 2nd class stamps before the price increase. Stamps marked with 1st or 2nd (rather than a price) will still be valid for 1st & 2nd class after the price rise.

I used to send every quotation out by mail but now I send an email quote and if its accepted then I send a written quotation. Not so much the cost as it is reasonable when you consider it but it is the amount of time wasters who make it expensive.

I used to send every quotation out by mail but now I send an email quote and if its accepted then I send a written quotation. Not so much the cost as it is reasonable when you consider it but it is the amount of time wasters who make it expensive.

good tip thanks.

Just before the last price hike I bought 100 first class stamps saving myself £5. I've still got about 75 left so I'll be making a bigger saving when the price goes up.

For those who don't already have a stockpile of stamps & post regularly, now would be a good time to buy a lot of stamps marked 1st or 2nd. £46 for 100 1st class stamps, a £14 saving after the price goes up, as long as you use them.

Archived