Any experts on towbars

I have a 12 plate Peugeot 107 and been told that my car is illegal to have one fitted, I'm not saying they are wrong but I find it unbelievable that this is the case as I only want to tow a small trailer with camping gear in it.

Is this correct or any alternatives

I have a 12 plate Peugeot 107 and been told that my car is illegal to have one fitted, I'm not saying they are wrong but I find it unbelievable that this is the case as I only want to tow a small trailer with camping gear in it.

just phone the experts at towsure end of problem:huh:

Err bI have done and they don't know, they only fit them so there not exactly the experts you make out. :shakes:

Towsure manufacture tow bars you probably got hold of some dumb salesman who only sells things.A pal of mine works on the development side in the fabrication dept they regularly make up prototypes for new models but yours may be an exception.

My last two cars have had them fitted by a garage at Brinsworth.

I can't remember what its called, but it's on the main road through, just before the railway bridge at the Canklow/McDonalds roundabout. I think they also stored/flog caravans. Give them a go...

According to specs I've found on t'internet, when you look at maximum towing weight, braked and unbraked it says N/A ergo you can't tow anything. I can't copy long web addresses easily on an iPhone but just google peugeot 107 towing weights and all should become clear or have a look at peugeots website.

I'm guessing the cars too light.

According to specs I've found on t'internet, when you look at maximum towing weight, braked and unbraked it says N/A ergo you can't tow anything. I can't copy long web addresses easily on an iPhone but just google peugeot 107 towing weights and all should become clear or have a look at peugeots website.

I'm guessing the cars too light.

http://www.peugeot.co.uk/Resources/Content/brochures/technical/peugeot-107-prices-and-specifications.pdf?model=107

Hang on, I don't know about the legalities but I've seen MOTORBIKES towing trailers before, if this is legal then surely a 107 must be permitted to do so also!

Have a look at A1 towbars (Sheffield) they have a table of cars which they can fit towbars to.

Hang on, I don't know about the legalities but I've seen MOTORBIKES towing trailers before, if this is legal then surely a 107 must be permitted to do so also!

Have a look at A1 towbars (Sheffield) they have a table of cars which they can fit towbars to.

I don't know the why's and whats but the PDF in the above post shows you can't put a towbar on it as far as I can see. Ask Peugeot why you can't !!

Archived