Leeds £38M Syndicate

Hello forumers

So ive been reading an article in regards to the leeds syndicate that won £38m now one of the previous syndicates is pretty much begging for some cash from the winners.

The situation is she dropped out 6 months ago and now they have won.

So would you give her anything or not?

Me personally i would give her something an almighty Sod off tablet i mean i fully understand she is disappointed and probably feels massively envious but she did drop out so why should she get anything? To me you cant drop out and then only join it when they are quids in.

If I won a share of that then most people I know would get some. Not knowing the situations it's hard to tell, it might not do them any harm to give her a few grand, she may have dropped out because she just could not afford it, or they might all hate her and she them, who knows!

Hello forumers

So ive been reading an article in regards to the leeds syndicate that won £38m now one of the previous syndicates is pretty much begging for some cash from the winners.

Me personally i would give her something an almighty Sod off tablet i mean i fully understand she is disappointed and probably feels massively envious but she did drop out so why should she get anything? To me you cant drop out and then only join it when they are quids in.

Let's have a link then so we can all have a gloat.

I know it isnt going to do that any harm but why hand your childrens inheritance over to someone that only wants a piece when it comes good.

To me lottery is a gamble and when you gamble you have to be willing to take the good and bad.

Sorry Jim dont have the link i clicked on a google link.

If I won a share of that then most people I know would get some. It would not do them any harm to give her a few grand, she may have dropped out because she just could not afford it, or they might all hate her and she them, who knows!

Just been watching a new series about a syndicate that wins big, one of them hasn't paid for 5 weeks ... they have to have a vote about whether to include him or not.

Obviously, there's more to it that that, including a botched hold up that leaves one of the winners in hospital and a spendthrift girlfriend ...

I'd probably give her a couple of thousand just for old times sake, because she seems like a bit of a hardship case.

Hello forumers

If the lottery was banned there wouldn't be such a ludicrous conundrum.

Money is not right for everyone. The solution is simple: If they earn it, they deserve it and understand its value. Win it and they might as well bin it.

Oh, and keep loto winners out of my village please. Thanks.

Hello forumers

If say she'd missed paying in the week that they won due to some unforeseen circumstance, say serious illness or family troubles and I was one of the syndicate that won then I'd probably be inclined to give her something

But she dropped out voluntarily 6 months prior to the win and someone else took her place in the syndicate, she's entitled to nothing

Bit of a cliched phrase but "you gotta be in it to win it" - She wasn't so shouldn't.

I too read the article and she claimed "well I'd have given them a million if it was someone else in the group"

Oh yeah and I'm Santa Claus! :roll:

If the lottery was banned there wouldn't be such a ludicrous conundrum.

Money is not right for everyone. The solution is simple: If they earn it, they deserve it and understand its value. Win it and they might as well bin it.

Oh, and keep loto winners out of my village please. Thanks.

Not a fan of royalty then?

I read an article about this in one of the papers last week - I don't remember which one.

Basically, the writer was arguing that it would hurt none of them to each give her £10,000 out of their almost-four-million each, and that would comfortably be enough for her to retire on.

Archived