To help or not to help?

So imagine your in JJB sports shopping for your sons birthday party which is 07/04/2012 and you get him the a special ltd edition pair of boots as your waiting to be served you overhear the cashier telling customer they understand its there sons birthday tomorrow but stock is sold out and will only be coming in on the 05/04/2012.

Would you one offer your boots and go back on the 05/04/2012 to collect some more for your son with time to spare.

Or two keep your mouth shut and feel some sympathy for the customer but still buy the boots.

To me its very simple i would definetly still buy the boots because what gets my gripe is people leave things till the last minute and plead like some self pitying idiot for you to take risks to help them.

If you want to be safe do it early and with time to spare if not then the outcome is YOUR fault.

I had the same problem just after moving here.

It was obvious I needed some good walking boots if I was to enjoy the countryside.

Off I went to "the original factory shop" and found a left boot of the correct size, and at what I considered a reasonable price.

So there I was at the sales counter asking for the right boot....only to find a lady holding the right boot asking for the left one..

It was obvious she wasn't going to be parted from the right boot!!

Her husband, who was the intended wearer of said boots kept his gob shut...presumably he had every confidence in the lady getting her way.

I couldn't be arsed to argue.

I returned the left boot to the shelving display...placing it in the most unlikely place she would find it.

Guess what....she found it!

I'd have bought them online thus avoiding any tricky moral decisions.

jb

And then had to return them when they didn't fit.

I'd have given them up if I didn't need them there and then and I knew I could get them at a later time, as long as JJB saved me some.

And then had to return them when they didn't fit.

I'd have given them up if I didn't need them there and then and I knew I could get them at a later time, as long as JJB saved me some.

That was a risk the OP was running anyway as I assume his son wasn't with him at the time. Besides, I tend to order clothes, shoes in a couple of sizes and send back the ones that don't fit.

jb

As i said its a not actually my situation it was hyperthetical thats all.

That was a risk the OP was running anyway as I assume his son wasn't with him at the time. Besides, I tend to order clothes, shoes in a couple of sizes and send back the ones that don't fit.

jb

Archived