Arnold Palmer Putting Course.

Does anyone have any memory of the Arnold Palmer Putting Course that Sheffield once had? They're the crazy golf courses with obstacles such as windmills, rocketships and watermills usually painted in the original red-and-white, seen around the seaside.

There were several built in major cities from 1965 into the '70s, which all seem to have been demolished. I've seen a few topics on this forum about crazy golf but I don't know whether it was at any of the locations mentioned.

Does anyone have any memory of the Arnold Palmer Putting Course that Sheffield once had? They're the crazy golf courses with obstacles such as windmills, rocketships and watermills usually painted in the original red-and-white, seen around the seaside.

There were several built in major cities from 1965 into the '70s, which all seem to have been demolished. I've seen a few topics on this forum about crazy golf but I don't know whether it was at any of the locations mentioned.

Didn't know there was ever on in Sheff but the one in Cleethorpes is still there!

its was the arnold palmer golf range.18 hole crazy golf with a shoot at the end where you could win a free game.also a nine hole pitch and putt which went round the perimeter of the driving range in the centre.there was also a small bar with a pin ball machine,iworked there in the seventy's.its now the moorview golf centre

Thanks for all the replies. I noticed from a post in another thread from 2004 that it was still there then, a bit neglected. Does anyone remember which obstacles it had?

As MonkeyRocks said, Cleethorpes is still there. The majority that were at seaside resorts are still operating, and the one at Hastings hosts the World Crazy Golf Championships each October. Cleethorpes used the same scorecard as the one that was at Withernsea, and there's a postcard of that one here: That one has gone, along with others at Hornsea Pottery and at Scarborough, which I believe was on the site of a care home. I'm not sure about Bridlington. I was told that there wasn't one but I did notice another old post, from perplexed, who mentioned a course there with a windmill.

Archived