Can Car Clampers sleep at night?

We went to Howath yesterday by Mini-Bus elderly and some disabled passengers, the driver unloaded at the bottom of a very steep road and then went to park the bus up for a few hours and told us he would pick us up at 4pm at the same place. We were all waiting for the coach who pulled off the main road onto an almost empty car park, the driver was putting a wheelchair in the boot of the coach all passengers were on the coach within minuets of him driving up, but must have not been quick enough because the car park attendant/owner? almost ran across and put a clamp on the wheel he said he saw him unload and was waiting for him to come back to load up and the charge for taking the clamp off was £90 which had to be paid in cash. We checked round there wasn't a sign warning you about clamping or saying you couldn't load or unload or that the car park was private. What a rotten end to a lovely day. How do these people sleep at night

I didn't think you could be clamped if there aren't any warning signs in place? How are people supposed to know not to park there if there are no signs to say so?

I normally hate it when people complain about being clamped or fined (as they're normally in the wrong to start with by being parked illegally) but what happened to your party seems very unfair.

I didn't think you could be clamped if there aren't any warning signs in place? How are people supposed to know not to park there if there are no signs to say so?

Do you naturally assume you can park anywhere you want unless there's a sign specifically forbidding it? Because in point of fact, private land is not open for your use unless signs explicitly say that it is.

Do you naturally assume you can park anywhere you want unless there's a sign specifically forbidding it? Because in point of fact, private land is not open for your use unless signs explicitly say that it is.

No. I wouldn't assume that at all. But the OP said it was a car park so i assumed he/she meant that it was a car park for the use of visitors to the area.

If a car park has no signs at all, how do people tell if it's private land or not? (I'm not being argumentative, i genuinely would like to know the answer.) Do all public car parks have signs giving permission to park there?

Fair point dude otherwise we would all be parking in each others drives,gardens and in Tesco freezer section.

I dont think you read the thread fully, the driver pulled off a busy road for the passengers safety (two passengers were 90 years old in wheelchairs) he didn't park and leave the coach he was there for about 5 minuets to put the chairs in the boot and get the passengers safely on the coach. If the attendant had said I'm sorry you cant load here I am sure he would have bought an hours parking for the few minuets he was there to save a £90 fee

There has been another case discussed on Look North tonight, of a driver who pulled off the road because he was having chest pains and who was clamped before he could even call for help. When he tried to get out of the car to ask the clamper for help he then collapsed, but the clamper still wouldn't remove the clamp so that the vehicle could be moved.

There has been another case discussed on Look North tonight, of a driver who pulled off the road because he was having chest pains and who was clamped before he could even call for help. When he tried to get out of the car to ask the clamper for help he then collapsed, but the clamper still wouldn't remove the clamp so that the vehicle could be moved.

Ask Headingnorth if he thinks they would be in thier right to clamp the ambulance that came to attend the driver because they were on private land I sure he would say yes.

Archived