Pasties, Petrol and Incompetence

Did he actually mean Jerry can or was he just thinking of a normal 5L plastic petrol can and getting the name wrong?

I haven't got a garage though so I had to go out, fill my car to the brim, go out and buy jerry cans and then go out and buy a garage. Thanks a bunch. :rant:

I have to say that I'm surprised it has taken nearly two years, but it looks as though the incompetence of Dave's gang is finally making itself clear.

The biggest idiot (although he has some fair competition) is Francis Maude. Yesterday he cocked up the message of fuel, and on Monday he was saying that Cameron would not be revealing who he had around for supper, just three hours before he revealed who he had around for supper.

Maude should do us a favour, and stuff a VAT-able sausage roll is his gob to stop him coming out with a load more garbage

I missed most of the news yesterday and have been catching up this morning. I love Miliband claiming they had "popped in to buy some sausage rolls".

Err, I don't believe Miliband asked for sausage rolls, not unless they were Kosher.:o

I believe it was Ed Balls who asked for the sausage rolls.

What a stroke of Luck

A camera crew happened to be in Greggs, just as Rachel Reeves, Ed Balls and Ed Milliband happened to go in and buy a pasty.

That must mean that if Labour get elected, this VAT on pastys will be removed?

Exactly

At a time when the posh kids are struggling you want your opposition to look statesmanlike and competent to show that they are the ones who would do a better job in charge.

What do we get? Ed Balls trying to do a Prescott and eat all the pies while Minibrain squawks on about anything to get his mumbling fizzog on the box. This Labour lot are starting to look worse than the last lot. The Tories are giving Labour an open goal with their gaffes but only Labour can manage to look even worse.

A standard jerry can is 20 litres. So I'm guessing it would not be illegal to store one jerry can of petrol in a garage?

I don't believe there is such a thing as a "standard jerry can" - the name is routinely used to describe any container for storing petrol, or water, or indeed any other liquid.

That said, it is very much illegal to use a 20-litre can to store petrol. It MUST NOT be stored in any larger than 10-litre cans made of metal, or 5-litre cans made of plastic, which were specifically designed for the purpose; and you must not have more than two of them in any one place.

Archived