Drilling at 5pm in the afternoon

Is drilling 3 holes in a bathroom wall at 5pm in the afternoon considered anti social ???.

yesterday I had a nosy neighbour complaining and shouting she was going to the council because I was fitting a bathroom shower screen at 5pm in the afternoon while her husband was in bed,he had to get up for work at 4.30 am so needed 12 hours sleep !!.

this is not a joke,it actually happened.

apparantly she is also fed up of the noise Iv'e been making while plastering the internal of my house between 9am and 3.30 pm.

I just bought the property but last month she was complaining about the bad state that previous owners had kept the house.

I cant win !!!:loopy:

How do you make a noise plastering a wall. Do you mix the plaster by hand or use a drill. I assume you have a day job. If you want to get on with your neighbours, then you are going to try to work around them. The times you say you work on the house are not unreasonable, just explain to your neighbour that she is the unreasonable one. Alternatively, start work at 5 in the morning, when you know her husband will be awake.

Is drilling 3 holes in a bathroom wall at 5pm in the afternoon considered anti social ???.

yesterday I had a nosy neighbour complaining and shouting she was going to the council because I was fitting a bathroom shower screen at 5pm in the afternoon while her husband was in bed,he had to get up for work at 4.30 am so needed 12 hours sleep !!.

this is not a joke,it actually happened.

apparantly she is also fed up of the noise Iv'e been making while plastering the internal of my house between 9am and 3.30 pm.

I just bought the property but last month she was complaining about the bad state that previous owners had kept the house.

I cant win !!!:loopy:

When builders were renovating the house next door to me they had people working in there sometimes from 6am to 7 pm 7 days a week. After 3 weeks of that I complained to the council and they served a notice on the builder to restrict him to about 8am to 6pm and Saturday mornings. I can't remember the exact hours but you are well within your rights so carry on.

Some neighbours will never be satisfied, no matter how much you go out of your way to be quiet. Mine for instance complains that the fiancées hair dryer is too loud (despite it being used on the opposite side of the house to hers, and the neighbours on that side being able to hear nothing at all), we walk up the stairs to loudly and we dare to wash the dishes after 730pm.

jb

It's worth talking to them though, (if that's possible) I think we presume everyone is on a nine to five schedule when quite often they are not, like with this chap working nights. Might be worth seeing if there is a time that will suit both parties.

It's worth talking to them though, (if that's possible) I think we presume everyone is on a nine to five schedule when quite often they are not, like with this chap working nights. Might be worth seeing if there is a time that will suit both parties.

I agree that it's worth talking to them, but if you work nights then you do need to understand that if someone tailors their noise to fit around your working schedule then they will be upsetting pretty much everybody else (and yes, my OH does work shifts, including nights) so there has to be some leeway with essential work.

Earplugs are one option for the shift worker because I can't see anybody else being happy with the OP starting their work at 0430 just because it's not keeping the shift worker up.

Archived