Drilling at 5pm in the afternoon

You live next door to me?

jb

arh, do you hear us retaliating with loud humping. the way our walls are that thin we could hear you er ... how do I put this ... having a party for one, lets just say not that long ago :)

Guest sibon

My neighbour is an 82 year old jazz fiend, with a hearing problem. It is brilliant. I get Bird and Duke through the wall nice and loud. He gets a variety of singer/songwriters back at him. Neither of us complain.

He does have Match of the Day on a bit loud on a Saturday though:rant:

It's worth talking to them though, (if that's possible) I think we presume everyone is on a nine to five schedule when quite often they are not, like with this chap working nights. Might be worth seeing if there is a time that will suit both parties.

I dont want to talk to her as I cant get away once she starts and its getting to the point where I'm having to run in and out of the house before she see's me.

I think the husband does'nt really have to go to bed at that time,but its an excuse to get out of the way:D

I can hear her going up and down the stairs to the toilet and pretty sure if I waited around to listen on one of her visits,she would be louder than the drilling:hihi:

legally she can't stop you,... it's up to 11pm for a 'reasonable ammount of noise' such as a TV if you're deaf or something..

Drilling at 5pm isn't an issue, especially as it'll have lasted no more than 5 minutes...

let her complain, she'll be laughed at...

Post some dog poo through her letterbox - she deserves it.

Drilling at 5pm is not anti-social. However if you could do it at a better time for them, that would be the neighbourly thing to do. If you can't, they'll have to put up with it.

Ok- will do:hihi:

arh, do you hear us retaliating with loud humping. the way our walls are that thin we could hear you er ... how do I put this ... having a party for one, lets just say not that long ago :)

Yeah I heard. I jumped up immediately to bang on the wall to complain at the noise but before I'd even raised my hand you'd finished.

jb

Archived