Places to go for a drive?

kmethley

I thought we were facing the possibility of petrol shortages :huh:

How about leaving the car at Woodhouse station and taking the train to Edale or Hope, then doing a spot of walking, or basking in the sun in a beer garden - whichever suits you best

We like to head out Castleton way (via Hathersage and Hope Valley) when we go out for a drive from Sheffield.

Beautiful countryside and lovely villages!

Please don't ;) I commute out there and bloody tourists pootling along at 25 do my head in!

How about leaving the car at Woodhouse station and taking the train to Edale or Hope,

Do those trains not run on diesel then ;)

How about leaving the car at Woodhouse station and taking the train to Edale or Hope, then doing a spot of walking, or basking in the sun in a beer garden - whichever suits you best

Possibility but nothing definite and the only reason for shortage right now is because selfish idiots are trying to stockpile it. Also were you telling the OP Tthat they could leave car at railway station, go drinking and then get back in car on way home. Surely you're not encouraging drink-driving?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Possibility but nothing definite and the only reason for shortage right now is because selfish idiots are trying to stockpile it. Also were you telling the OP Tthat they could leave car at railway station, go drinking and then get back in car on way home. Surely you're not encouraging drink-driving?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not all 'basking in pub beer gardens' involves alcohol. They serve lovely chilled soft drinks too. Read his post again.

Archived