New friends needed!

You should arrange to do something with them, perhaps say once every month or 2, something where you all get together. Even though it's only 20/25 minutes drive, it can be hard to keep regular physical contact because it has to be planned in advance and isn't always possible so easily.

Seriously the last thing you want to do is to lose your real friends. Let them see you making an effort and they should no doubt make an effort too. You have to remember that although you are all friends, it's you that has moved away from them. I'm in pretty much the same position and have been for many years.

I have made the effort. The only time I here owt from them is when I text them. Me and my husband go out once a month and i always ask if they wanna come (cos we all get on) and stay over but all i get is we cant we skint, which I understand totally but it just gets me a bit pist off cos its always me doing the chasing about...if u know what i mean.

• 2 months later...

Often we don't meet our good and even best friends until later in life!

It's quality not quantity when it comes to friends. It's not always easy to meet people when you become settled and have a family and other responsibilities.

My best friend lives all the way down in London..but she will always be my best friend wherever she is.

I'm always up for meeting new female friends too, and currently live not far away from S6 at all :) about 5 minutes drive lol

Archived