Francis Maude Should Resign

Very very interesting article by Charles Moore who is a renowned Tory....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/conservative/9176237/Even-Im-starting-to-wonder-what-do-this-lot-know-about-anything.html

This paragraph particularly, if it can be proved, shows the disgusting way they are using us as pawns in their political games...

But now that I have heard the Conservatives’ private explanation, which is being handed down to constituency associations by MPs, I begin to feel angry.

The private message is as follows. “This is our Thatcher moment. In order to defeat the coming miners’ strike, she stockpiled coal. When the strike came, she weathered it, and the Labour Party, tarred by the strike, was humiliated. In order to defeat the coming fuel drivers’ strike, we want supplies of petrol stockpiled. Then, if the strike comes, we will weather it, and Labour, in hock to the Unite union, will be blamed.”

How misguided could they possibly be?

Very very interesting article by Charles Moore who is a renowned Tory....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/conservative/9176237/Even-Im-starting-to-wonder-what-do-this-lot-know-about-anything.html

This paragraph particularly, if it can be proved, shows the disgusting way they are using us as pawns in their political games...

But now that I have heard the Conservatives’ private explanation, which is being handed down to constituency associations by MPs, I begin to feel angry.

The private message is as follows. “This is our Thatcher moment. In order to defeat the coming miners’ strike, she stockpiled coal. When the strike came, she weathered it, and the Labour Party, tarred by the strike, was humiliated. In order to defeat the coming fuel drivers’ strike, we want supplies of petrol stockpiled. Then, if the strike comes, we will weather it, and Labour, in hock to the Unite union, will be blamed.”

What utter tosh. How can filling our tanks and a couple of jerry cans equate to the stockpiling of coal in anticipation of a twelve month strike?

What utter tosh. How can filling our tanks and a couple of jerry cans equate to the stockpiling of coal in anticipation of a twelve month strike?

Bizarre isn't it. Really bizarre. My gut feeling is not to believe it because no politician could be so stupid.

Bizarre isn't it. Really bizarre. My gut feeling is not to believe it because no politician could be so stupid.

I think Charles Moore meant it figuratively when he spoke of 'the private message' and it's only his interpretation of the situation. I don't think he meant it in the literal sense that this was ever sent as a private message.

Well, it's one thing recommending that people store petrol in a specially designed container in their garage, and it's another thing pouring petrol next to an open flame.

Yes, the guy is an idiot, and ought to be sacked or to resign, but I don't recall him suggesting that anyone should pour petrol next to a lit gas cooker!

but, aleksandr, he did not give thought to how darn dumb some folk can be. Remember, of all the senses, common sense has always been the least common of all.

Probably already been said but.

This man, my God.

If he'd have said:

"Yeah, yeah so..take your petrol, in one container..in your kitchen, right...and pour it into like another container...all this is next to a naked flame by the way...that's the most important bit, the naked flame, and of course flammable polyester clothing".

Course he shouldn't resign the woman's was a total moron.

If Jamie Oliver says his new range of knives are the sharpest you can buy, is it his fault if I then go home and stab myself in the face with it?

Errhh no.

Hiya Jim.

How much petrol do you think could be stored in the nation's previously-only-half-full petrol tanks plus a 20 litre "Jerry" can in every garage?

Archived