Francis Maude Should Resign

Guest sibon
What, precisely, is careless and panic-sparking about saying that there's no need to panic, just keep topped up and store a bit in hand as anyone with common sense would normally do anyway?

The use of the word "jerry-can" was unwise given that most people are insisting it means a 20 litre can - even though for the last forty years, I've heard it use to describe any can of any size used for storing liquids. :huh:

Nick Robinson seems to suggest that the Government have done this deliberately.

Keeping filling up half empty tanks is poor advice anyway, as it increases fuel consumption.

I don't keep my tank filled up routinely. I fill up when the fuel light comes on and then drive until the fuel light comes on again. I'll be continuing to do that. If there isn't any petrol left, I'll walk:)

Nick Robinson seems to suggest that the Government have done this deliberately.

Keeping filling up half empty tanks is poor advice anyway, as it increases fuel consumption.

I don't keep my tank filled up routinely. I fill up when the fuel light comes on and then drive until the fuel light comes on again. I'll be continuing to do that. If there isn't any petrol left, I'll walk:)

well thats 2 of us with common sense, nick robinson works for a company that thought it wise to send engleberry humptydumpty to the eurovision song contest for us, all my little respect for that company dissapeared pretty fast

let me get this right, a m.p should resign becuase the people in this country cant help themselves with mass hysteria at the thought of being with petrol for a few days ???

that man offered advice, thats it, the fact people were so damn selfish and HAD to a full tank speaks volumes for the supposed education system of the last 20 years.

ohhhhhhhh peeeeeerrrlease

No he should resign because he's prompted 'mass hysteria'.

People look to government ministers to offer sensible advice; he gave bad advice and should go

his careless words havent started the mass panic, its the stupidity/ selfishness of the people thats created the mass panic, do you honestly know 2 people who said something like "the m.p on the telly said we need to fuel our cars to the rims " ???

im all for people having to resign if they commit crimes but seriously this panic is a farce, and a damn slow news day ! nothing more

But he should know that there are lots of selfish and stupid people out there. As they said during the war, loose lips sink ships!

Archived