Francis Maude Should Resign

From what I heard on Five/Live last night he suggested a little bit of petrol in a can in the garage, when we moved into our house we found an empty jerrycan in the coal hole at the side of the house, I think that woman just didn't have the foresight to see the hazard of doing something so dangerous in a confined space with the cooker on, I don't think he should be sacked or have to resign, saving fuel in a garage would most likely have been done even if he hadn't suggested it.

Hiya Jim.

How much petrol do you think could be stored in the nation's previously-only-half-full petrol tanks plus a 20 litre "Jerry" can in every garage?

Quite a bit, but nothing like enough to see off a protracted and determined strike such as Scargill's.

Quite a bit, but nothing like enough to see off a protracted and determined strike such as Scargill's.

The thing is why did they choose the petrol tanker drivers for their Thatcher moment? It's really strange. They do an absolutely vital job in the private sector. A job that is dangerous and skilled. They are good at their job - we rarely have tanker crashes. And we rarely have incidents during loading and unloading. Their pay reflects this. They were worried that deteriorating working conditions would compromise their safety and public safety. Just to top it off the Tories supported them during the 2000 strike, sensing an opportunity to undermine Blair. It really is very, very odd.

From what I heard on Five/Live last night he suggested a little bit of petrol in a can in the garage, when we moved into our house we found an empty jerrycan in the coal hole at the side of the house, I think that woman just didn't have the foresight to see the hazard of doing something so dangerous in a confined space with the cooker on, I don't think he should be sacked or have to resign, saving fuel in a garage would most likely have been done even if he hadn't suggested it.

But you are forgetting the forum and its politically motivated fault finders.

Guest sibon
But you are forgetting the forum and its politically motivated fault finders.

Odd that. Politically motivated fault finders, finding fault with a faulty politician.

By the way, my only political motivation is to find a set of politicians that are worthy of my vote. Not as easy as it seems.

When I first heard of this I thought the advice was not right. No one should be in a position to stock extra fuel without all the precautions and equipment necessary. Filling a car to capacity is a danger if in a major collision never mind jerry cans in the garage.

Domesticized people do not have the knowledge to safely deal with such requests and this should be at the forefront of any national press releases.

Archived