Francis Maude Should Resign

Let me get this straight:

mother stockpiles petrol (due to Gvt warning or not, that's not confirmed...could have been the family lamnwomer's ration for all we know)

daughter runs out of fuel and asks mom for petrol

mom transvases petrol in kitchen near a lit stove

unsurprisingly, bang/wooof

...and that's somehow the fault of a Gvt announcement?

How? :huh:

Because:

The mother wouldn't have stockpiled the petrol if it weren't for the Governemtn's advice causing the public to panic.

The Daughter may still have run out of petrol, but would possibly gone to a petrol station instead, and not had to queue for hour(s) - instead she asked her Mother, who was stockpiling Petrol due to the Government advice for assistance.

Not everybody knows just how flamable petrol is, so you canno't simply call this poor soul stupid due to her actions. She clearly didn't understand the mechanics of petrol, and that is not her fault.

So, due to a chain of events, sparked by the Government this lady has suffered horrific injuries.

Because:

The mother wouldn't have stockpiled the petrol if it weren't for the Governemtn's advice causing the public to panic.

How do you know that for a fact? With a source, if you please (Balpin's post does not count :D:P)

That article does not even suggest that was the case.

EDIT - and I did not call the mom 'stupid', just 'careless'. You do know the difference, right?

Because:

So, due to a chain of events, sparked by the Government a daughter has lost her mother, and a lady has lost her life.

Amazing, I knew someone would try and blame the government.

Maybe if she'd used jerry cans in her garage like the government said this wouldn't have happened.

The page says:

Station manager Lee Smith, whose Acomb crew attended the fire, said: "The people were cooking their tea and dispensing petrol from a container to a glass jug.

"The vapour then ignited, the jug was then spilt which obviously ignited as well and the person involved in the decanting was consumed by the flames.

The gov didn't say anything about kitchens or glass jugs.

And she has only been burnt, not killed.

Darwinism (woman) and ignorance (SF posters) at its best.

Amazing, I knew someone would try and blame the government.

Maybe if she'd used jerry cans in her garage like the government said this wouldn't have happened.

The page says:

Station manager Lee Smith, whose Acomb crew attended the fire, said: "The people were cooking their tea and dispensing petrol from a container to a glass jug.

"The vapour then ignited, the jug was then spilt which obviously ignited as well and the person involved in the decanting was consumed by the flames.

The gov didn't say anything about kitchens or glass jugs.

I think it is fair in this case to blame the government.

People were advised to take petrol into their homes were they not?

The average person is not an engineer, or a chemist.

And for an average, you need many to be below average dont forget.

If a leader says, take petrol home, that is what a lot will do.

She has 40% burns from Petrol, and is in Pinderfields.

That is bad by any means.

Maude should lose some sleep tonight.

Is the average person inobservant to the point of not seeing/noticing, ever and despite repeat visits to such places throughout their lifetime, the day-glo foot-big warnings plastered all over forecourts about dangers of ignition from flames, sparks, mobiles, fags, etc, etc?

Essentially, according to your post, the average person in Britain is terminally stupid. Is that your point, or have I misunderstood you?

:rolleyes:

Which explains the Darwin awards.

She has 40% burns from Petrol, and is in Pinderfields.

That is bad by any means.

Maude should lose some sleep tonight.

But not dead like Stomp claimed.

And no matter what stupid stuff Maude said he didn't say to decant petrol in a kitchen into glass.

Considering how you're usually on my case for the political things I post, I cannot believe you really think the government are to blame for this.

That smacks of unbelievable desperation on your part.

Correct. I have edited my post as you can see.

I cannot believe you really think the government are to blame for this.

I stand by my post. I firmly believe that if the Government had not advised people to fill up their tanks, and jerry cans this woman would not be in Hospital.

Im not suggesting that the Government were directly responsible for her injuries, however you have to acknowledge it was a casual factor.

And no matter what stupid stuff Maude said he didn't say to decant petrol in a kitchen into glass.

Considering how you're usually on my case for the political things I post, I cannot believe you really think the government are to blame for this.

If I, as Engineering Supervisor said to one of my men, yes you can store petrol in your garage, no problem, he would consider me an idiot.

Because he has engineering knowledge.

But if I said that to Aunt Fanny down the road, she would say, Oh that engineer said its alright to put petrol in the house, and would maybe do so.

What I am saying is that people in positions of percieved authority should not make public pronoucements on vital things like this.

Unless they are out to cause trouble.

Archived