Francis Maude Should Resign

well thats 2 of us with common sense, nick robinson works for a company that thought it wise to send engleberry humptydumpty to the eurovision song contest for us, all my little respect for that company dissapeared pretty fast

Well I was agreeing with you about the fuel crisis but you viscious attack on Humblebert Himperdick has left me outraged.

If these union types prevent him getting to Bongostan to represent us because there is no fuel there will be riots, this could mark the end of the British Empire!

Do you do know what an average is?

If not, you should have paid more attention at school.:hihi:

To suggest you are above average, but most people are well below is stupidly arrogant.

As is the suggestion that those that are below average would be incapable of understanding the concept of flammable liquids and the dangers of it. It would take a minute proportion of the population to be stupid enough to ignite themselves through a 'gamble' with safety. And even then, luck plays a big part.

I do not know this for a fact. Do you know for a fact that it was unrelated to the Government's advice?
Well, you (and Balpin) are the ones making the assertion, so it's up to you to prove one way or the other.

I was just going by the linked article, which does not even suggest any connection with the Gvt's annoucement - and consequently asked readers/posters for a bit of perspective.

Which it is. A suggestion is just that - a suggestion. We still don't know that the petrol that family stored, was not a litre or so for the family petrol mower either, do we?

Your post has been edited. That is quite clear.
I did not edit it as regards 'stupid' or 'careless' as you suggest. EDIT - and happy for you to investigate this /take this up with a Mod if you don't believe me.

So do you think the Government are to blame for this:

Garage rage: Fights at petrol pumps as ministers are accused of losing plot on fuel crisis

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/fights-at-petrol-pumps-as-ministers-are-accused-776569

Maybe people have been under Labour's nanny state too long?

Yes.

I do not believe they are directly responsible, however it is an underlying factor that the Government has whipped up a panick which results in people doing stupid things.

How many fights do you see on a normal day at a Petrol station? Without the stupid comments from the Government?

To suggest you are above average, but most people are well below is stupidly arrogant.

As is the suggestion that those that are below average would be incapable of understanding the concept of flammable liquids and the dangers of it. It would take a minute proportion of the population to be stupid enough to ignite themselves through a 'gamble' with safety. And even then, luck plays a big part.

I realise you are trying to divert us away from the complete disaster the tories have become, but I am stating fact.

While we undertake these facile, meaningless debates on here there are many millions in this country unable to string a sentence together.

To consider oneself above them is not arrogance, it is self respect.

... A suggestion is just that - a suggestion. We still don't know that the petrol that family stored, was not a litre or so for the family petrol mower either, do we?

I did not edit it as regards 'stupid' or 'careless' as you suggest.

Ah, but I did not suggest anything. I merely stated a fact. Your post had been edited had it not?

See how easily things can be taken out of context?

With all this noise from the Government suggesting you fill up your tank, and suggesting you fill up your jerry cans, one could feasibly believe that the Government's suggestions were leading to the panic.

If I said to you "You should check that you've turned your gas off" whilst dressed in a high-vis jacket and a hard hat, I would imagine that you would do just that.

If the Government says "It's probably a good idea to top up your tank. Oh and whilst you are there it is probably a good idea to fill up some jerry cans too. Just in case" do you really think the general public are going to ignore that advice?

If the Government said "Aliens have landed in Sheffield. They might have laser guns, and might have killed 30 people with them already" mass hysteria would break out.

I realise you are trying to divert us away from the complete disaster the tories have become, but I am stating fact.

While we undertake these facile, meaningless debates on here there are many millions in this country unable to string a sentence together.

To consider oneself above them is not arrogance, it is self respect.

Well perhaps if they are so well below average, and can't 'string sentences together' they shouldn't be allowed to buy fuel then should they? Or even scissors?

How ridiculous to suggest that millions are so incapable that they can't even understand the flammibility of petrol.

You're getting really desperate now.

Amazing, I knew someone would try and blame the government.

Maybe if she'd used jerry cans in her garage like the government said this wouldn't have happened.

The page says:

Station manager Lee Smith, whose Acomb crew attended the fire, said: "The people were cooking their tea and dispensing petrol from a container to a glass jug.

"The vapour then ignited, the jug was then spilt which obviously ignited as well and the person involved in the decanting was consumed by the flames.

The gov didn't say anything about kitchens or glass jugs.

And she has only been burnt, not killed.

Darwinism (woman) and ignorance (SF posters) at its best.

I think it's a bit unfair to say she is thick for sloshing around one of the most flammable liquids from one container to another in her kitchen. I mean it's not obvious that it's not as safe as water.

Sure it smells a bit and it does something funny to her car to make it go broom broom but come on she's not an engineer how would she know.

Did they manage to rescue her Katie Price and Kerry Katona mind training books by the way. ;)

Archived