Any one go to Owler Lane Intermediate school

ALZYMER

what was mick,s teacher called i can't remember that many myself remember mr wood,s most kids was frightened by him mr low music teacher i used to pal up steven taffinder see if that name rings a bell he can always contact me at harry@hfbowsmotorsales.co.uk

---------- Post added 05-05-2013 at 18:36 ----------

just thinking about butler big family same as our,s lived i think they called it cyclops st maybe someone can help me on this one i no one was called frances he went on to be a counsellor and run the youth club bless him he got a torrid time but a lovely guy

Frances was not related to us but I used to see him down at the youth club on Holywell Road and yes he did go on to become a councillor.

Was there '55 to Xmas '59. In McDonald's class first then onto Mr. Boardman. Did you know Pat Jackson or Eric Foreman. I am still in touch with Pat and unfortunately Eric has passed on.

Hi Jossman, I have just stumbled onto this site, I went to Owler Lane Inter 1953/1958. That's an interesting pseudonym you write under, and the picture of the cap badge! I too have one of those, however I was not a 'Reggie' had a couple of run ins' with them in the early days, as i suppose nearly everyone did at one time or another!!

Yours Aye,

Bloggy

---------- Post added 13-05-2013 at 13:28 ----------

I left in july 1958 Taffy Wales left the same day, he spent a good 6 months working on that plack. I believe he was the longest seving teacher at that time. his punishmet to pupils who upset him was couple of strikes on the hand with a thee sixteenth stainless steel rod, which if he got you on the fleshy part of your thumb it realy hurt. he was an excellent metal work teacher and very good at engineering drawing.

Hi It appears that I left Owler Lane at the same time as you! I am the Tony Shepherd you mentioned earlier. I was in the Navy by early September 1958 stayed in for 30 years. It would help me if you had any pictures of the school days I am writing a book for the Grandkids.

Many Regards

Hi Sand Dollars, I wonder if you could me a little further, its' been a long time and struggling with faces and names.

Regards

They lived in the wensley estate (the prefabs)John worked in the power stations and then went to S Africa and Richard worked in the old bt as an engineer there

They lived in the wensley estate (the prefabs)John worked in the power stations and then went to S Africa and Richard worked in the old bt as an engineer there

Hi Sand Dollars, I'm a little confused here, I can't seem to place these people or the Wensley estate. I lived at Carbrook just off Janson street, quite a way from the school. I can remember most of the teachers but I did have a bit of trouble with Mr lupton!! I have been trying to find some class photographs but i've had no luck.

Regards.