Any one go to Owler Lane Intermediate school

ALZYMER

Hi, just wondered if anyone there in my year at Owler Lane Intermediate School from 1952-57. It's 50 years since we left - how amazing is that?! Should have thought about it earlier and had a reunion, what say you?

:banana:

Yep I was, it wasn't the highlight of my schooldays.Mr Moss,Mr Harrison,Mr Hook,Pop Gregory,Dolly Hardwick, :huh:Fred Glasby:huh:and that lanky blonde from drama i think . I was a rebel.

Yep I was, it wasn't the highlight of my schooldays.Mr Moss,Mr Harrison,Mr Hook,Pop Gregory,Dolly Hardwick, :huh:Frank Glasby:huh:and that lanky blonde from drama i think . I was a rebel.

So you were!! Apparently Pop Gregory actually married Dolly Hardwick. I met up with someone from Owler Lane last weekend (lives in Aston somewhere) and he told me that they had married. How odd is that?!

So you were!! Apparently Pop Gregory actually married Dolly Hardwick. I met up with someone from Owler Lane last weekend (lives in Aston somewhere) and he told me that they had married. How odd is that?!

after a sleep I remembered that lanky blonde's name ,Miss Unwin I believe,and that bl...y Mrs Fairest!!!! I recall a Mrs Preston akin to forenamed and around 1962 she was buying makeup for her 6yr old daughter.!! Laney J eh!

after a sleep I remembered that lanky blonde's name ,Miss Unwin I believe,and that bl...y Mrs Fairest!!!! I recall a Mrs Preston akin to forenamed and around 1962 she was buying makeup for her 6yr old daughter.!!

Mrs. Fairest was my form teacher in 2nd yr I think. What about Mr. Moss (French master) there were two of them both teaching French.

Mrs. Fairest was my form teacher in 2nd yr I think. What about Mr. Moss (French master) there were two of them both teaching French.

Mr Moss was my 1st year tutor and very nice too, Mr Hook I think taught french also.

I started there there '53. I went past the site a couple of weeks ago, the fine old stone buildings have gone, to be replaced with what looks like a large Pizza Hut - how do they get away with it ?

My first teacher was Mr. Harrison ( this was in the prefabs ), not a bad sort but a ferocious "caner". I once saw him throw a cig into the waste bin and to his embarrassment the whole lot went up in flames.

Mr. Lupton was our P.E., teacher, he was at least 7 feet tall and had little time for whingers. He once made us play football ( we used the redcaps field ), in thick snow - we all ended-up partly snowblind.

Miss Unwin, wasn't she the secrertary ? Could be wrong.

Mr. Helliwell took us for maths, surely the most boring teacher ever, although I met him a few years after and he seemed a really nice chap. Once when somebody flicked a paper pellet and bobody would admit to it He caned half the class - literally.

Mr. Glasby for music, I can still remember some of the things he taught us about music, but he had a short and fierce temper.

Mr. Hook, short and dark, fancied himself as a bit of a character, Mr. Board, the two Mr Moss's for french - one of them affected a small beard and a beret very continental.

Lots more, all presided over by "Pop" Gregory; a rather eccentric man, but a genuine teacher. Never knew him use the cane either, but he could reduce one to tears with one of his rollickings.

Do you remember Dolly Hymans tuck shop or the "hill" ?