Any one go to Owler Lane Intermediate school

ALZYMER

You must have been with us in the dreaded 3B, the form that was mainly responsible for poor Mr. Priest's breakdown. We all felt really guilty over that. I remember meeting him a few year later in the Ranmoor and thinking he seemed a decent sort of chap.

Trying to remember if he taught Chemistry or Physics???

Chemistry. Physics was Harry Holmes.

I was always in the A class which was mixed Iremember SMITH took science and there was a Raper too I started in the prefabs . Yes the old buildings are no longer all those steps gone made way for some monstrosity. Mind you it was opened by the queen. were they really the best days of our lives ?????

Lots more, all presided over by "Pop" Gregory; a rather eccentric man, but a genuine teacher. Never knew him use the cane either, but he could reduce one to tears with one of his rollickings.

Oh yes he did, I can vouch for that.

Pop certainly played an imaginary violin on many times, but Ican recall he player at christmas assembly. chalk was used a cig whilst he stood in for a missing teacher. The severn hills and rivers of sheffield was his favourite lesson he had a knack of making it very absorbing. I he needed to dish out a canning he hand over to Boris to administer. I rember 30 or so been rounded up for fratanising with the girls from the adjacent school, who had run off with our tennis ball (footballs were not allowed in the yards). Poor old Boris was out on feet by the time he got to last lad.

Pop certainly played an imaginary violin on many times, but Ican recall he player at christmas assembly. chalk was used a cig whilst he stood in for a missing teacher. The severn hills and rivers of sheffield was his favourite lesson he had a knack of making it very absorbing. I he needed to dish out a canning he hand over to Boris to administer. I rember 30 or so been rounded up for fratanising with the girls from the adjacent school, who had run off with our tennis ball (footballs were not allowed in the yards). Poor old Boris was out on feet by the time he got to last lad.

Well he didn,t pass it over to Boris when I got mine, he delivered personally.

Hi,

can anyone remember a young geography teacher Mr Clarke (gloops). He carried a length of rubber gas pipe in his hand. If your hand were on the desk when walked up and down between the desks, he lashed out across your nuckles, it really stung for a fair ammont of time after. Did get my own back when I shut a vice on his hand when he visited the apprentice workshops at E.S.C, a year after I left.

• 3 months later...

In answer to Breezerboy.

I remember being in big trouble when I was a prefect.

I was upstairs with another prefect and he was messing about with the

speakers and the sound etc. for downstairs in assembly.

Some other music came on-- don't know what it was,didn't have time to think,

some male teacher shot up the steps-- three at a time--(was he furious!!)

My name Anne Holmes---don't remember boys name.