Time & Date Formats

I would much rather things be done in AM and PM format, that way we know what is what very quickly, instead of doing maths to just figure stuff out, also, when people use the 24 hour clock they sometimes say 00:00 is 12 meaning 24 instead of just saying and using 24:00.
There is no 24:00, it *is* 00:00. Otherwise you'd have 24:59 which clearly you dont.

I would much rather things be done in AM and PM format, that way we know what is what very quickly, instead of doing maths to just figure stuff out

That is not an argument for retaining the am/pm format; it's an argument for people being better educated. The 24-hour clock should be second nature to everyone and capable of interpretation without even thinking; just as the 12-hour clock is. If a four year old can learn to tell the time, they can learn to tell it either way, but who teaches them the 24 hour clock?

But haven't we all (at least once) made an error by thinking that- say- 1900hrs. meant 9.00pm?
I might have done once when I was 17, just starting Navy basic, but never after. Heaven help the matelot who missed his ship while under sailing orders because he was 2 hours late.

What you would say is irrelevant when the discussion is about written dates. Personally I've always thought the US method illogical; it has the longest time period at the end but it doesn't have the shortest one at the beginning. The US army (the last I knew about it) uses YYMMDD, which is logical at least (it's what I have just suggested would become universal).
I don't care. As I said I like it that way, irrelevant or not.:)

Got your time machine working then? ;)

ISO8601 and UTC.

I have a hard drive/mini computer with a stripped down Linux OS that attaches to my video cameras. It uses that system as the file naming convention. The good part, I can shoot for about 30 hours in DVCPro HD. The annoying as hell part, sorting through all the scenes and giving them meaningful descriptions.

Americans are so stupid with the date thing, it's like, units of time go in order.

Seconds, Minutes, Hours, Days, Months, Years.

Somewhere along the line, America's just done, "Nah we err...what's the point of it in order? Bit bored just, mash up the days init, if you want, want the month before the day now...lol"

So stupid, if you're going to do that, I'm just going to make my own combo up.

March/00:53/2012/Saturday

If you're going to balls it up, America, do it right.

Archived