Who/what will be remembered from our time?

I checked if there were any similar threads, and it seems that no one was sad enough to think of this...

OK, look at this list.

Beethoven

William the Conqueror

Henry VIII and his 6 knives

Shakespeare

Great fire of London

Charles Darwin

I could go on with a few more names or events. If you're over 20 and never heard of any of these, then you might as well move on. Most adults have at least heard of most of these people or events.

The oldest of these was over 1000 years ago, but most of us have heard of this person.

So in year 2958, what events or persons do you think will still be known by everyone, that have happened or lived in our generation (+-50 years)?

After the initial WTF at work when I brought up this question (it was a quiet night), we came up with:

9:11

Hitler

Thatcher

Michael Jackson (hmm, I'm not sure)

WW1 + 2

McDonalds

Music/writing wise, will anyone top the old biggies?

Steven Hawkins.

Albert Einstein.

Queen Elizabeth 2nd.

Diana probably also.

Bin Larden.

Elvis.

Me :D

Ah yeah, Elvis was one that was mentioned. I forgot him.

I mentioned Madonna, and one of the staff said 'who?', so I guess she's out! :hihi:

In 1000 years do you think QEII will be remembered? (known perhaps, as obviously Henry II is known to have existed), but why QEII remembered, like Henry VIII is known? What has QEII done?

I'd agree (or guess would be true) with the rest, other than Bin Laden. I'm sure you will be remembered, Dave.

If you look at my original 6, there is also a little tricky dicky in there. Split 3/3.

Who will find their way into history without history lessons at school?!:suspect:

I think that without history at school, then 3 of them would just be people/events that were known to have existed, but no one would have any knowledge.

Who ever heads the hadron collider when/if it discovers the Higgs partial will most certainly be remembered.

Yorkshire Ripper.

Spike Milligan (I hope).

Steven King.

Steven Spielberg.

The queen - will be remembered as the longest serving Monarch.

President Obama.

Me. Rodney :D

So what you are looking for is the answers to a 2958 pub quiz that features answers from "our time"? All I can say is you're doing well if WWI was in your time.

Anyroadup from my time I would include:

The Moon Landings

Satellite Communications

The Internet

9/11

Assassination of JFK

The Beatles, Rolling Stones & Led Zeppelin

And if it's pub quiz in Sheffield they'll still be asking "Who trashed the steel industry in the city".................................and they'll still be getting the answer wrong.

So what you are looking for is the answers to a 2958 pub quiz that features answers from "our time"? All I can say is you're doing well if WWI was in your time.

Anyroadup from my time I would include:

The Moon Landings

Satellite Communications

The Internet

9/11

Assassination of JFK

The Beatles, Rolling Stones & Led Zeppelin

And if it's pub quiz in Sheffield they'll still be asking "Who trashed the steel industry in the city".................................and they'll still be getting the answer wrong.

Well, give or take a few decades :)

Archived