Who/what will be remembered from our time?

People mention Stephen Hawking, but I bet without Googling it, most people wouldn't know exactly what he did.

'The Internet' is a stupid one, the internet will still be around in the future and if it's still around you don't have to remember it.

9/11 is a good one

Titanic, if you can count that as our time.

I don't think Obama is a good one either really because, people say it like it's a huuuuge achievement because he's black, well, not really..it would have been a huuuuge achievement if he was made president in 1960, he was made president when the vast majority of America wasn't racist anymore.

You know it's like, would it be a huge achievement if I opened a Sushi resaurant in town and it did well? Well 50 years ago it would have been, but now people like Sushi just as much as any other food so now it's like, what's all the fuss about.

People mention Stephen Hawking, but I bet without Googling it, most people wouldn't know exactly what he did.

Would that include you? Without googling Henry 8th most would only know him as a king. You don't have to know what someone did to null and void their achievements or infamy.

'The Internet' is a stupid one, the internet will still be around in the future and if it's still around you don't have to remember it.

Why? Flying is still around, maybe the Wright brothers were stupid

I don't think Obama is a good one either really because, people say it like it's a huuuuge achievement because he's black, well, not really..it would have been a huuuuge achievement if he was made president in 1960, he was made president when the vast majority of America wasn't racist anymore.

The vast majority of Americans are racist, like your arrogant Stephen Hawkins analogy they just don't know it yet. It's easy to generalise.

<Snip. I nearly fell asleep.>

I don't think Obama is a good one either really because, ...he was made president when the vast majority of America wasn't racist anymore.

You must have missed Santorum's recent speech where he was tripping over his own tongue and almost called President Barack Obama an "Anti-War, Government nig...", before slamming the brakes on. Yup! On live TV. It's on YouTube too. America is racist as ever - he wanted to say exactly what his horrible, redneck Republican base wants to hear.

It makes me very sad that people are prepared to give credibility to a man who only makes love to his wife for the purpose of procreation and only does it through a hole in a bedsheet because it would otherwise be a sin to see her naked.

Is this the person that we want to have in charge of the most powerful country in the world?

Archived