Galloway wins Bradford West. Weird week for politics just got weirder

A well-deserved kick up the jacksy for Labour, and the rest of the corrupt establishment.

We've still got 3 days of the week remaining. Pasties, Cruddas, posh dinners, Clegg arguing with the Argies, petrol panics, phantom strikes. What else can happen?

How did that happen?

In the same manner that he won Tower Hamlets.. stand for election in a constituency with a larger than average Asian community. Pander to their sentiments, either religious or political (either way.. or both it doesn't really matter), promise the undeliverable.. all while a good portion of the population is so hacked off with politics they really can't be bothered with it all.. hey presto jobs a good 'un :thumbsup:

Only to be booted out on his jacksy next time around when everybody realises.. *oh crap* what did we just allow to happen! :huh:

Whilst all that may be true (above) in your opinion, I for one think it's brilliant. I have NO time for gorgeous George but am hoping this might be a teeny weeny kick up the bum for the rest of us.... Cornish Pasty Dave needs to be stopped and, well, maybe this is the start? Just saying.

Whilst all that may be true (above) in your opinion, I for one think it's brilliant. I have NO time for gorgeous George but am hoping this might be a teeny weeny kick up the bum for the rest of us.... Cornish Pasty Dave needs to be stopped and, well, maybe this is the start? Just saying.

I don't think the "stop" message had anything to do with what the government are currently doing about pasties or pensions. I think this was clearly a "stop" killing muslims in illegal wars message. Cameron may be the pasty killer but there are clearly worse crimes.

In the same manner that he won Tower Hamlets.. stand for election in a constituency with a larger than average Asian community. Pander to their sentiments, either religious or political (either way.. or both it doesn't really matter), promise the undeliverable.. all while a good portion of the population is so hacked off with politics they really can't be bothered with it all.. hey presto jobs a good 'un :thumbsup:

Only to be booted out on his jacksy next time around when everybody realises.. *oh crap* what did we just allow to happen! :huh:

You wouldn't be a bitter Labour voter, would you? A lot of white people voted for Galloway too. The Yorkshire soldiers killed in Afghanistan were white. Maybe the vote in Bradford was against an unwinnable started by Labour that has cost thousands of lives and which will see the Taleban back in power when it's over. Personally I think Galloway's a prat but anyone who sticks it to a bunch of war criminals like Labour deserves his victory.

Archived