Galloway wins Bradford West. Weird week for politics just got weirder

You did not have to be a Muslim to be voting for GG.

This blog from the Christian Chris Howson has some valid points.

Ultimately, In Bradford West, we voted because of a lack of trust in the all of 3 major parties.

Labour Party analyse that claimed people voted for George because of his big brother status is an insult to the integrity of the Bradford voters. Galloway has many flaws, and may well be accused of being a 'popularist' but at least he also espouses principles that ring true with the principles of the people of Bradford.

The Labour candidate took his vote for granted, and simply did not connect with the people. George took the electorate seriously.

Mr Hussein (Labour) refused to take part in hustings alongside George Galloway, and the only showing he made on the BBC was pretty poor. Labour should never have appeared to be so defensive if they expected to win.

http://ajustchurch.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/why-we-voted-respect-in-bradford-west.html

I am not necessarily a fan of George Galloway but as he is now in the driving seat, he needs to deliver for all. He may have his critics but he does stand up to bullies and has balls.

another great article from Mel! SPOT ON.

Livingstone next. Riots to follow?

Er...riots have already happened, and they weren't about Islam. The paper might be right about Galloway's shameless manipulation and playing to the gallery, but to extrapolate that the UK will as a result fall under a radical Islamic rule is just that paper's usual xenophobic paranoia.

I can't wait for Prime Minister's questions now, he sure will liven things up, Cameron is used to the weaker Ed Miliband and will have to be on top form now

You are supposing two things; that George will ever attend PMQs, and that he'll ever get chosen to ask a question.

I think his attendance rate for his last constituency was pretty woeful.

You are supposing two things; that George will ever attend PMQs, and that he'll ever get chosen to ask a question.

I think his attendance rate for his last constituency was pretty woeful.

I think it was the lowest of all the MP's if I remember rightly...

Archived