Galloway wins Bradford West. Weird week for politics just got weirder

Ive changed my mind then.... ;) Woman's perogative. :)

However im not sure an Occupy or UKUncut candidate can win an election, but, they most certainly could hold similar views regarding big business & tax evasion.

You know, i feel like ive been harking on about Independents that long, id actually forgotten when i changed my mind. Thank you. :)

To be honest I found your quotes (although not always in agreement) most intelligent, interesting and thought provoking.

What debate should be about.

In that case I would suggest you stop insulting our Scottish neighbours between you.

It is not funny and it is not clever.

But its ok to refer to the head of Iran as:

"Next stop Iran I suppose, to see Imandhisdad, what ever they call him."

like you did?

To be honest I found your quotes (although not always in agreement) most intelligent, interesting and thought provoking.

What debate should be about.

Ditto.....loving the mutual respect on SF. :) It must be the weather :thumbsup:

Results in 2010

Conservative: 12638 (31.15%)

Labour: 18401 (45.35%)

Liberal Democrat: 4732 (11.66%)

BNP: 1370 (3.38%)

UKIP: 812 (2%)

Green: 940 (2.32%)

Others: 1683 (4.15%)

Majority: 5763 (14.2%)

Results in 2012

Galloway George Respect 18341

Hussain Imran Labour 8201

Whiteley Jackie Conservative 2746

Sunderland Jeanette Lib Dem 1505

McNally Sonja UKIP 1085

Islam Dawud Green Party 481

Craig Neil Democratic Nationalists344

Hope Howling Laud Monster Raving Loony William Hill Party 111

The turnout wasnt particularly low, considering it was a by-election and not a general election.

Yes, it is a very good turn out considering it's a by-election, however, it will be interesting to see what the general election results will be in 2015. In other words, such a result could hopefully cure voter apathy next time round, with a higher than average general election result for this constituency.

In one [somewhat limited] way, the idea that voters are enthusiastic about a person (not merely a political party) and his/her policies (not merely a pre-ordained central Manifesto) is attractive. It certainly tends to enhance turnout.

Not if this is the catalyse for sectarian politics.

Are we are not at the stage where we now have more minorities than majorities? The only sense in which I am considered a majority is in the collection of my taxes. In every other respect I seem to have no voice as ALL wretched politicians are busy pandering to the whims of Outsiders, OAPs, Religious Nutters, Gays, etc etc.

Missed out the obese and the hyper active........ are you activist and fattist cos that would be a first.

In one [somewhat limited] way, the idea that voters are enthusiastic about a person (not merely a political party) and his/her policies (not merely a pre-ordained central Manifesto) is attractive. It certainly tends to enhance turnout.

Since I hate the concept of party politics, and how it has poisoned democracy over the last 100 years, I should agree, but ... this is George Galloway we are talking about.

What exactly are his policies? All I can conclude is that he is using the language of sectarian politics for his own benefit.

Results in 2010

Conservative: 12638 (31.15%)

Labour: 18401 (45.35%)

Liberal Democrat: 4732 (11.66%)

BNP: 1370 (3.38%)

UKIP: 812 (2%)

Green: 940 (2.32%)

Others: 1683 (4.15%)

Majority: 5763 (14.2%)

Results in 2012

Galloway George Respect 18341

Hussain Imran Labour 8201

Whiteley Jackie Conservative 2746

Sunderland Jeanette Lib Dem 1505

McNally Sonja UKIP 1085

Islam Dawud Green Party 481

Craig Neil Democratic Nationalists344

Hope Howling Laud Monster Raving Loony William Hill Party 111

The turnout wasnt particularly low, considering it was a by-election and not a general election.

I didnt realise by how much the Labour vote had fallen, thats a disaster for any official opposition.

Archived