UNITE announce no fuel strike over Easter

Please, there are major differences of opinion here, profound differnces. Is does no good to be personally abusive.

I disagree with him on virtually everything but I dont think he is a liar.

While respecting your views and sharing your concern may I suggest you withdraw the comment, your arguement is strong enough.

When he quotes " Maude said to stock up our houses and garages with petrol" that is nothing but an outright lie. Now if you want to come up with a different name for someone who tells lies that's up to you.

When he quotes " Maude said to stock up our houses and garages with petrol" that is nothing but an outright lie. Now if you want to come up with a different name for someone who tells lies that's up to you.

It is a serious exaggeration but not a lie surely?

I can tell you are annoyed and fully appreciate that trying to talk sense to the bruvvers is frustrating.

The edited version on the main news did have Francis Maude saying to stock up and keep petrol in a can in your garage which is what I heard and he was not on for 2 minutes which is less than half of the interview in the link which probably came off of the news channel.

The edited version on the main news did have Francis Maude saying to stock up and keep petrol in a can in your garage which is what I heard and he was not on for 2 minutes which is less than half of the interview in the link which probably came off of the news channel.

But not much there about storing it in your house. As folks seem to be trying to spin this around a woman setting her kitchen on fire whilst filling a jug with petrol in front of a lighted gas cooker this is a pretty important difference.

It is a serious exaggeration but not a lie surely?

I can tell you are annoyed and fully appreciate that trying to talk sense to the bruvvers is frustrating.

Serious exaggeration!!!???!!. Maude never mentioned storing petrol in the house. It was an outright lie.

But not much there about storing it in your house. As folks seem to be trying to spin this around a woman setting her kitchen on fire whilst filling a jug with petrol in front of a lighted gas cooker this is a pretty important difference.

Serious exaggeration!!!???!!. Maude never mentioned storing petrol in the house. It was an outright lie.

It is not they have just replayed on tonight s 6'0clock news on the BBC and he said use jerry cans to store extra petrol in your garage. The link looks as if it was a different interview to the one broadcast on the main news.

It is not they have just replayed on tonight s 6'0clock news on the BBC and he said use jerry cans to store extra petrol in your garage. The link looks as if it was a different interview to the one broadcast on the main news.

Spot the difference. Storing petrol in a can in a garage is legal and many people do it with petrol for lawn mowers, generators and chain saws. What he didn't say in any interview was store petrol in your house, which is illegal, dangerous and stupid.

Spot the difference. Storing petrol in a can in a garage is legal and many people do it with petrol for lawn mowers, generators and chain saws. What he didn't say in any interview was store petrol in your house, which is illegal, dangerous and stupid.

===================================

I have never said anything about storing petrol in the house but some house are built with the garage underneath so you may as well have it in the house.

I have had nearly 20 years delivering hazardous bulk liquid loads including petrol and things a lot more hazardous and I did mention yesterday what the fire service's views on this would be as you are only allowed to keep a very small quantity of flammable materials with out a license.

===================================

I have never said anything about storing petrol in the house but some house are built with the garage underneath so you may as well have it in the house.

I have had nearly 20 years delivering hazardous bulk liquid loads including petrol and things a lot more hazardous and I did mention yesterday what the fire service's views on this would be as you are only allowed to keep a very small quantity of flammable materials with out a license.

I do believe the law is very precise about where petrol may be stored, in what quantities, and in what type of containers. I am pretty clear that no one at any time gave any advice to do anything other than abide by those regulations. My postings on this thread refer to lies from another forum member who claims Maude suggested people store petrol around the house.

I do believe the law is very precise about where petrol may be stored, in what quantities, and in what type of containers. I am pretty clear that no one at any time gave any advice to do anything other than abide by those regulations. My postings on this thread refer to lies from another forum member who claims Maude suggested people store petrol around the house.

In the first interview that Mr. Maude gave he did not mention anything about safe storage he emphasised the impeding strike as this was something which got my attention as being in the industry for so long I know how dangerous empty storage cans are, they are far more dangerous than full ones and people are a lot more complacent with empty containers.

They have just built some new house which are in a long terrace of over 20 houses all have the garage built under the house and it only takes one idiot to destroy the lot and in this type of property it may as well be in the house.

Lass, stop trying to sound as if you know a thing.

If you want to converse with me, change your name, and your avatar.

Then I might listen to you.

Archived