Owls v preston.

Gazza58

I might do. This is only a username you know:)

I just thought that there was a good chance to improve our goal difference today and we missed out. Madine should have had four and if Ranger had been a bit more of a team player, we'd have made even more clear cut openings.

Ranger likes running at players I've been looking at his footage give him time, he won some important free kicks in some nice positions, did things that are unsung almost.

He's done alright for me today that lad.

Ranger likes running at players I've been looking at his footage give him time, he won some important free kicks in some nice positions, did things that are unsung almost.

He's done alright for me today that lad.

2nd half maybe...I posted earlier I didn't know he was on the pitch until i saw him with the ball at about the 48th minute mark

Guest sibon
2nd half maybe...I posted earlier I didn't know he was on the pitch until i saw him with the ball at about the 48th minute mark

You'd have been hard pressed to notice that there was any football at all in that first half. The ball must have been in play for no more than 25 minutes.

Preston set out to frustrate and time waste in the first half - at several stages when we were looking to move it forward they had a back 5.

Only clear chances in the game were made by us.

Overall a good job done - we ground them down which is the right way to play, and when they finally had to open the game up after they went 2 down, our overall class was able to shine through.

A few misplaced passes that were displeasing, but overall much better interplay.

A very attacking line up though which was a little worrying before kick off - I'm always concerned that JJ won't track back to defend - especially when he's hit 80 minutes and his legs have gone. But having watched it the thing I really like is when JJ and Antonio both cut in side and take people out of position. That's when our strikers will capitalise. Having one in the team like that is good - 2 is great. But, if we are going to allow this, we need strikers who aren't afraid to run wide to drag the defence around and also to pick up the balls wide to allow the winger to run in. Madine did this a lot yesterday (as well as receiving balls and keeping possession as good anyone I've seen all season), as Lowe also does. Ranger didn't so much, and overall looked very quiet.

Preston set out to frustrate and time waste in the first half - at several stages when we were looking to move it forward they had a back 5.

Only clear chances in the game were made by us.

Overall a good job done - we ground them down which is the right way to play, and when they finally had to open the game up after they went 2 down, our overall class was able to shine through.

A few misplaced passes that were displeasing, but overall much better interplay.

A very attacking line up though which was a little worrying before kick off - I'm always concerned that JJ won't track back to defend - especially when he's hit 80 minutes and his legs have gone. But having watched it the thing I really like is when JJ and Antonio both cut in side and take people out of position. That's when our strikers will capitalise. Having one in the team like that is good - 2 is great. But, if we are going to allow this, we need strikers who aren't afraid to run wide to drag the defence around and also to pick up the balls wide to allow the winger to run in. Madine did this a lot yesterday (as well as receiving balls and keeping possession as good anyone I've seen all season), as Lowe also does. Ranger didn't so much, and overall looked very quiet.

I think there will be a reccuring theme of JJ replaced by Treacy about the 70-80 min mark, dont think JJ has 90 mins in him!

I think there will be a reccuring theme of JJ replaced by Treacy about the 70-80 min mark, dont think JJ has 90 mins in him!

There's sure to be changes made next weekend when we play Saturday then Monday ... We do have a decent bench at the minute though and can change the team to suit

Archived