Forced Marriage: Five-Year-Old Could Be UK's Youngest Victim

Strawman argument. What has a religious ceremony for babies which is freedom of choice to do or not to do with a young adult born and bred in the UK being told that she has been mated with some guy thousands of miles away who she neither knows or loves and that she is expected to exist with this guy for the rest of her life?

They're both religious ceremonies that have no legal status. They're entirely equivalent.

They're both religious ceremonies that have no legal status. They're entirely equivalent.

Forced marriage has no legal status in the UK but that's not the point. It's the act of parents forcing their kids to marry strangers overseas and having to leave their country of birth perhaps against their wil.

A religious baptism is only something that is done by choice but unlike forced marriages it doesn't b*gger up a person for the rest of their life

A modern democracy has no place for religious cultures and customs to tread on the rights of people.

When religion does practice these abuses then it needs to be slapped down hard.

You cant abolsih religion. The Communists tried and failed but it can be muzzled and controlled when it starts to become rabid

Have you tried slapping down Islam in its many forms? People cry 'racist'. We are dealing with a tradition that has gone on for centuries. It saddens me to see girls at my son's school having to cover their hair as that is the first step towards subugation. Next it will be no access to boys, no going out with friends and then an arranged marriage.

Of course the boys have no such problems. They can hang out with their mates, chat up non muslim girls and drive around in their cars when they are old enough. They will be expected to settle down when a nice girl is found for them but the double standards are explicit.

Your all Islamophobic for speaking out and not allowing them to marriage kids as the Religion states they can !

Also I think you are allowed women slaves if your a man so lets not hear anything about that also or your all going in the naughty book :D

Joking apart I think anyone found to be marrying minors, either here or abroad (if they live here), should be given a 10 year custodial away from the child bride until she is old enough and confident to tell the paedophile hubby where to get off.

Have you tried slapping down Islam in its many forms? People cry 'racist'. We are dealing with a tradition that has gone on for centuries. It saddens me to see girls at my son's school having to cover their hair as that is the first step towards subugation. Next it will be no access to boys, no going out with friends and then an arranged marriage.

Of course the boys have no such problems. They can hang out with their mates, chat up non muslim girls and drive around in their cars when they are old enough. They will be expected to settle down when a nice girl is found for them but the double standards are explicit.

Traditions that go on for centuries only survive in the countries where these traditions originated and we're also living in a rapidly changing world where technology, democracy and racial inter marriage will force these changes to come about.

Religion in all its forms may well become extinct in another hundred years. Marriage in holy wedlock is well on it's way to that already.

Archived