How to get rid of this unelected government

Guest sibon
I don't. I have two dictionaries on the shelf and three that I use regularly online. Not a single one of them defines a jerry-can by a specific size.

Do they say that a Jerry Can isn't 20 litres? Or that other sizes are also Jerry Cans? They really shouldn't.

I'm surprised that you are basing an argument on the absence of information in your sources.

Actually, the originals were 5 gallons, which is slightly less than 20l. Still too big to fill with petrol and put in your garage though.

Here is what Maude said,

Quote “As and when it makes sense, a bit of extra fuel in a jerry can in the garage is a sensible precaution to take.”

No mention of filling a 20 litre container here then, A BIT is not 20 litres.

Also, no mention of taking fuel into a kitchen, "in the Garage" is the advice.

So all in all, a storm in a petrol can at best.

Angel.

Here is what Maude said,

Quote “As and when it makes sense, a bit of extra fuel in a jerry can in the garage is a sensible precaution to take.”

No mention of filling a 20 litre container here then, A BIT is not 20 litres.

Also, no mention of taking fuel into a kitchen, "in the Garage" is the advice.

So all in all, a storm in a petrol can at best.

Angel.

A 'bit' of extra fuel won't get you far in a strike though, will it? If you can't buy petrol for a few days, would 5 or 6 litres be enough? If you're advised to get a jerry can to store it in, then most people, I'm certain, are going to fill that can, just in case.

Archived