How to get rid of this unelected government

That's an interesting question, because a single independent candidate should be able to get out there and communicate one to one with voters. There are endless ways of engaging with people these days.

With current levels of voter disaffection (see Bradford) I'd be surprised if an independent acting locally, on matters of interest to local people couldn't make serious inroads into the voter base of the established parties. We might see a few shocks at national and local elections in coming years.

How about a Sheffield Council run by a coalition of independents?

Who you voting for in the forthcoming local elections Tone?

I don't know yet. I'm considering the offers of the various candidates but I wouldn't be surprised if a Conservative candidate was returned in Fulwood.

How are you going to decide who to vote for?

I don't know yet. I'm considering the offers of the various candidates but I wouldn't be surprised if a Conservative candidate was returned in Fulwood.

How are you going to decide who to vote for?

Well he won't be getting my vote. After careful deliberation I think I may well vote Labour this time as the Lib Dems are the same as the Tories. Maybe the Lib Dems / Cons should just field one candidate between them?

You're voting Labour? There's a shock.

It would be a wasted vote in my part of the world, but even if it wasn't I haven't been provided with any information from a Labour candidate to consider. Aren't we important enough for Labour to spend money providing election literature?

It would be a wasted vote in my part of the world, but even if it wasn't I haven't been provided with any information from a Labour candidate to consider. Aren't we important enough for Labour to spend money providing election literature?

I thought you were from Baaaarnsley / Chapeltown anyway.

You could be my next door neighbour up here!

In this part of the world some delusional Labour people set up a table opposite The Greystones Pub last weekend to try and flog their message for the upcoming council elections. They didn't stay long. I don't think they got much interest but plenty of abuse. Frankly, I think they were lucky not to get lynched.

In this part of the world some delusional Labour people set up a table opposite The Greystones Pub last weekend to try and flog their message for the upcoming council elections. They didn't stay long. I don't think they got much interest but plenty of abuse. Frankly, I think they were lucky not to get lynched.

You should have introduced yourself!

Were you the dribbling buffoon in the slippers and shell suit?

The only thing I can guarantee about the next election.

Whoever wins, there will be an extremely vocal section of this forum complaining about them.

At least George Galloway pretends to have Respect for voters.

That's the point though, he's only pretending, we all know he really thinks the voters can teacakes.

Archived