How to get rid of this unelected government

Actually, a collation gvmt is EXACTLY what happens when the electorate cannot decide, there for, they are not strictly elected.

When is the electorate ever decided?!? We don't even vote for a party to form government but for who we want to represent us in Parliament.

In 2005 only 1 person in 5 voted Labour (39% not bothering to vote at all) and they formed a majority government. No outcry from the Left then but when the Tories get into power on the same basis it is suddenly an intolerable injustice. The duplicity is so transparent that it is embarrassing.

Just so we are all clear. If the Tories had have had a majority, the new NHS proposals would have been even more of a disaster today.

I think if the last Labour government hadn't run up massive debts of around £1000,000,000,000 and left an annual budget shortfall of £175,000,000,000, there would have been enough money in the coffers to not need any NHS reforms.

But they did, so we do.

Indeed, everyone I know who voted Lib Dem, did so knowing there would be a coalition. The notion that our current government wasn't elected is ridiculous when so many voted as they did specifically for a coalition.

I doubt there were many Lib Dem voters that expected or wanted a coalition with the Conservatives.

I think if the last Labour government hadn't run up massive debts of around £1000,000,000,000 and left an annual budget shortfall of £175,000,000,000, there would have been enough money in the coffers to not need any NHS reforms.

But they did, so we do.

I have no time whatsoever regarding the last Labour Govt, but dont go kidding yourself that the 850bn bailout of the banks wouldnt have been done by the Tories aswell.

But they did, so we do.

You're grasping at straws, this thread is not about what happened under the last Labour government it's about the current government and how can you qualify the tories wouldn't have tried to privatise the NHS if, as you say, Labour hadn't spent that money ... they wouldn't put that one in there manifesto would they?

I doubt there were many Lib Dem voters that expected or wanted a coalition with the Conservatives.

Since it was pretty much a shoe in for a coalition before anyone cast their votes, I find it hard to imagine anyone could have voted Lib Dem and NOT expected a coalition.

You're grasping at straws, this thread is not about what happened under the last Labour government it's about the current government...

Is it not also clutching at straws to try and pretend the current government is unelected and has no mandate to govern?

Archived