How to get rid of this unelected government

I doubt there were many Lib Dem voters that expected or wanted a coalition with the Conservatives.

I doubt that there were many Lib-Dem voters who expected their choice would result in Lib-Dems around the Cabinet table.

or a full lib dem government?

The first step towards that ever being achieved, is for them to earn enough seats to hold the balance of power and form a coalition.

Step one achieved. Since they are - so far - showing that they can be trusted to form a coalition and stick with it for the full term of a Parliament, everyone can be happy in voting for them again for the same reasons they voted for them in the last election.

The first step towards that ever being achieved, is for them to earn enough seats to hold the balance of power and form a coalition.

Step one achieved. Since they are - so far - showing that they can be trusted to form a coalition and stick with it for the full term of a Parliament, everyone can be happy in voting for them again for the same reasons they voted for them in the last election.

except of course that most of their voters tend to be from the left so participating in an increasingly right wing government isn't likely to encourage them to continue their support

...or from the right. In huge swathes of the country, people vote Liberal Democrat in order to get rid of Labour.
It's a bit of both. While the majority tend to be left-of-centre-minded people with a bit more between their ears than the average Labour follower, there are also a few who seek a middle ground as a result of frustration with the Conservatives.

Either way, a LibDem vote is merely a half vote off whichever of the two main parties you'd like in power more than the other.

Which, it would seem, had a limited curriculum?

Latin, Greek and bigotry weren't on the curriculum I must admit. Thankfully my parents didn't have much of a bank balance so it didn't deny me the opportunity of mixing with people from a wide range of backgrounds at a state school.

I think if the last Labour government hadn't run up massive debts of around £1000,000,000,000 and left an annual budget shortfall of £175,000,000,000, there would have been enough money in the coffers to not need any NHS reforms.

But they did, so we do.

You encompass in paragraph the whole situation.

Sadly that won't work though. People will associate them with the coalition just like the associate the Tories with closing down the pits. And it doesn't matter if it's 5 years or 500 years, this is a country that still calls the French "surrender monkeys" and takes any opportunity it can to point score against the Germans and WW2.

Archived