How to get rid of this unelected government

Panorama programmes like this puts the government on the back foot and hopefully some changes might happen.

BBC accused of 'manipulating' emails in pay TV hacking row

http://www.guardian.co.uk/global/2012/mar/29/bbc-accused-manipulating-email-pay-tv

I bet there was no corrections or apologies made by Panorama at the start of this week's programme?

Surely the Dem part of the Lib Dems were the Social Democrats who left the Labour Party. So the Lib Dems are a coalition of Liberals and Social Democrats. So it's no surprise they are lefties as well. In some respects they are further left than Labour these days. But the Lib Dems have become more of a mongrel as dissafected Labour and Tories have joined them. In Sheffield the Lib Dems are little more than a collection of power hungry non Labourites with no real history of Liberalism or Social Democracy.

The Lib Dems jumped at the coalition chance because that is the only way ANY of their policies could be implemented. The ones who are turning away from the Lib Dems are the ones who were always the protest vote against Labour.

It's all a question of image and trust now. Maybe the LibDems have enjoyed some mildly lefty policy success (e.g. for people on lower tax bands) but to a lot of people this looks like a government pursuing an agenda shifted well to the right. With the Orange bookers controlling the top of the LibDem party perhaps this shouldn't be a surprise but it is a surprise to a lot of people who perhaps didn't really understand what the word 'liberal' could mean in relation to the state, business etc... Then again the pre-election facade of the LibDems was consistently centre-left and as you say in many ways even more left than Labour. It was the same core message they had delivered for years and years and reflective of the majority of their grass roots. People had no reason not to trust them. Not so now.

And just because you disagree witha poster, there's no need to be offensive.

I'm not disagreeing, that would mean both parties had legitimate opposing positions. the poster in question is 100% wrong and making stupid claims to suit his or her own political agenda. that is why i called the thick in the head, because they are! ignorance is not an excuse.

are you thick in the head or something? this government was elected. just because you don't like them, it doesn't mean they are suddenly illegitimate!

The government are not an elected government whether you like it or not. I never read a ConDem manifesto! Did you?

Irrelevant, surely, as voters elect one MP- not a Manifesto and still less a whole Party.

Most voters vote for an MP because he is the member of a specific party , which has a specific manifesto and specific policies, thus you are totally incorrect.

Most voters vote for an MP because he is the member of a specific party , which has a specific manifesto and specific policies, thus you are totally incorrect.

No, they vote for an MP who is associated with a party.

I don't think you understand how an election works - rather than continuing to humiliate yourself on this thread go away and do a bit of research.

Archived