How to get rid of this unelected government

Most voters vote for an MP because he is the member of a specific party

Or.. they voted for a specific party knowing that there would end up being a coalition, as most of the people I know who voted LibDem expected.

You cannot say people didn't vote for a coalition, since clearly many did.

which has a specific manifesto and specific policies, thus you are totally incorrect.

Unless you're intelligent enough to realise that a coalition will have a mixture of policies taken from both manifestos.

No, they vote for an MP who is associated with a party.

I don't think you understand how an election works - rather than continuing to humiliate yourself on this thread go away and do a bit of research.

The majority of people vote for a specific party. Your understanding is somewhat limited if you do not understand that. You will see on this forum that there are many foolish diehard tories who will vote for tory no matter who the mp is. That is blatantly obvious to all but the afflicted. They vote for a party , not for an MP. If they put Rupert Bear up as a candidate they would still vote for him. If you do not agree with that , you are being disingenuous.:)

Most voters vote for an MP because he is the member of a specific party , which has a specific manifesto and specific policies, thus you are totally incorrect.

Until quite recently, political party affiliations (let alone little pictograms) weren't even shown on ballot papers.

The majority of people vote for a specific party. Your understanding is somewhat limited if you do not understand that. You will see on this forum that there are many foolish diehard tories who will vote for tory no matter who the mp is. That is blatantly obvious to all but the afflicted. They vote for a party , not for an MP. If they put Rupert Bear up as a candidate they would still vote for him. If you do not agree with that , you are being disingenuous

Cor, is Rupert Bear standing for Mayor? Have a care or tell us where.

[now who's being disingen-ursus?]

The majority of people vote for a specific party. Your understanding is somewhat limited if you do not understand that. You will see on this forum that there are many foolish diehard tories who will vote for tory no matter who the mp is. That is blatantly obvious to all but the afflicted. They vote for a party , not for an MP. If they put Rupert Bear up as a candidate they would still vote for him. If you do not agree with that , you are being disingenuous.:)

No, you are still wrong. I did not see an option for Conservative, Labour etc. I saw options for candidates who represented those parties. So I voted for the candidate, not the party. You're confusing how you vote with how the system works.

No, you are still wrong. I did not see an option for Conservative, Labour etc. I saw options for candidates who represented those parties. So I voted for the candidate, not the party. You're confusing how you vote with how the system works.

No, you are totally wrong. You are confusing your fiction with my fact. You should stop being foolish. Do you really think that some of the diehard tories would ever vote for anyone else?

NO....They WOULD NOT!:roll:

The tanker drivers have merely flexed their industrial muscle and look at the mayhem? If they do go on strike it will very quickly stop the country from functioning and bring it to its knees. Other workers have similar power too! Let us all flex our industrial muscles too and show this unelected government who the bosses really are!:o

Now let me see. I voted in a general election where this government got in. No matter how undemocratic the system is I never once voted the Union Unite into power yet they almost forced this country to a halt. So the unelected government in question is Unite union.

Archived