How to get rid of this unelected government

Suffice it to say that if Arthur Scargill himself stood for the Conservative party in the next election , some on here would vote for tory.

They would put their cross at the side of Arthurs head but would be voting for the party.

Your example is a nonsense that works both ways, it's meaningless. You could equally claim that if Arthur stood, his diehard supporters would vote for him and not the party.

Maybe ballot papers should simply have pictures of the candidates, and we would all draw crosshairs on the ones we didn't want.

Then the count would culminate in a televised firing squad and the candidate with the least crosshairs would be spared, and sent to Westminster.

Think of the employment possibilities!

Maybe ballot papers should simply have pictures of the candidates, and we would all draw crosshairs on the ones we didn't want.

Then the count would culminate in a televised firing squad and the candidate with the least crosshairs would be spared, and sent to Westminster.

Think of the employment possibilities!

I believe that too many voters do go on appearances these days. Will we ever get an ugly old bald man as Prime Minister again even if he would be the best man for the job? I honestly believe that if Gordon Brown and David Cameron had swapped faces during the 2010 campaign, Labour would have won easily.

Going back to the topic though, this government is an unelected one. The LibDem manifesto was far closer to the Labour manifesto than the Tory manifesto. And yet Clegg has sold out on his "principles" to jump at the chance of becoming Deputy Prime Minister.

I believe that too many voters do go on appearances these days. Will we ever get an ugly old bald man as Prime Minister again even if he would be the best man for the job? I honestly believe that if Gordon Brown and David Cameron had swapped faces during the 2010 campaign, Labour would have won easily.

Going back to the topic though, this government is an unelected one. The LibDem manifesto was far closer to the Labour manifesto than the Tory manifesto. And yet Clegg has sold out on his "principles" to jump at the chance of becoming Deputy Prime Minister.

We may get one sooner than you think. Smarmy Dave's hairline seems to be receeding even more quickly than the the economy!

I doubt whether there will be any safe Tory constituencies by then.

I would like you to be correct, but Ed Milliband hardly has the charisma to attract modern X-factor-influenced voters to Labour. I really do think that a chance has been missed... the Tories will win the next election no matter what appalling policies they bring in as long as Ed is in charge of the opposition.

I think the problem you have in this era is that the Unions are getting too powerful. In the past they fought for decent things like jobs. Now its just about anything. Take Unite as one such example bringing the country to its knees with the fuel crisis winging how bad their jobs are.

I am not a huge fan of this Condem government but they are more elected by the people than some communist union that is obsessed with strikes and industrial action.

I doubt whether there will be any safe Tory constituencies by then.

your predictions are not very accurate to date. How long did you give the government when they where elected? Wasn't it 6 months? Where are we now? 23 months?

wishful thinking gets you nowhere and you chosen party will never take power while miliband is at the helm. On the question of who would make the best PM, the UK public still put Cameron at 15% above Miliband. In fact Miliband has dropped in popularity since he took the position of Labour leader.

Ditch miliband and Labour have a chance, well aslong as they dont put Balls in his place that is :D

Archived