How to get rid of this unelected government

Where do you think Clegg will stand in the next election? Sheffield Hallam?

Or in a safe Tory constituency?

Why? Sheffield Hallam is a safe Lib Dem seat.

Liberal Democrat - 53.4%

Conservative - 23.5%

Labour - 16.1%

The only swing will be to Labour and they have a literal mountain to climb to oust Clegg.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/election2010/results/constituency/d96.stm

A good independent could win that seat.

If only we could apply that to all the other seats as well, we might actually have a government that listens to us.

Might not do an awful lot, but ignoring the people, policies set in stone and knee jerk reactions got us to the happy place we are at now, maybe it's time for some actual debate in the house instead of the usual barrage of insults and steamroller tactics to pass legislation.

If only we could apply that to all the other seats as well, we might actually have a government that listens to us.

Might not do an awful lot, but ignoring the people, policies set in stone and knee jerk reactions got us to the happy place we are at now, maybe it's time for some actual debate in the house instead of the usual barrage of insults and steamroller tactics to pass legislation.

As i debated with many friends last night, we have to look locally to change first, and should we win, then if other areas are not already looking at these options, maybe they will at future elections.

Its going to be a long game this....

As i debated with many friends last night, we have to look locally to change first, and should we win, then if other areas are not already looking at these options, maybe they will at future elections.

Its going to be a long game this....

I pretty much said that at the last election, and again in this thread.
I didn't say it was easy, I didn't say it was perfect and I didn't say it would work, it could fall flat on it's face.

Simplifying a lot, every constituency forms it's own party and chooses a head of the party to vote for come election time, that person represents the local electorate in their constituency, they agree beforehand to put the constituency first, legally binding contracts are put in place so that they can be removed from office if they don't perform as the constituency wishes.

Hopefully we end up with a parliament populated by representatives of each constituency and everyone has a voice in parliament rather than being told what to do by whichever colour rosette won.

It's risky and requires work but it could be done and it could break party politics.

No one wants that though, they want more of the same just with themselves in charge.

Every MP would be an independent with this.

But as I said very few want this, the majority want more of the same with themselves giving the orders, they honestly believe they would do better.

I pretty much said that at the last election, and again in this thread.Every MP would be an independent with this.

But as I said very few want this, the majority want more of the same with themselves giving the orders, they honestly believe they would do better.

Esme, i think a good few of us need to meet up soon and discuss ideas about democracy that we may utilise at the next election. There are plenty of us will similar views that maybe we can find a consensus.

A good independent could win that seat.

I disagree. The area is full of students and ex students. the lib dems have pretty much tied up this demographic, even in their current position, an independent cant make any promises on a national level, so would be useless.

I disagree. The area is full of students and ex students. the lib dems have pretty much tied up this demographic, even in their current position, an independent cant make any promises on a national level, so would be useless.

You didnt watch Newsnight last night did you? Suggest you watch it and especially the discussion with Will Self, George Galloway and Diane Abbott. Let me know if you still stand by your opinion after watching it.

:)

You didnt watch Newsnight last night did you? Suggest you watch it and especially the discussion with Will Self, George Galloway and Diane Abbott. Let me know if you still stand by your opinion after watching it.

:)

how would three anti-government stooges change my opinion? all three have vested interests this government failing.

Archived