How to get rid of this unelected government

Absolutely amazing ! Why not write a book on that. It could end up being a literaray classic alongside Dickens "Great Expectations"

I liked it very much too really, but didn't like admitting it as you taught me bigotry.:thumbsup:

There is no possible, legal way of getting rid of a government in office, you cant withdraw your vote, you can complain to your MP and they can ignore you, you can go stand outside parliament in silent protest and the police will arrest you for an illegal assembly.

And if you attempt any illegal ways then I guess the building industry will receive a massive boost as they'll need a few more prisons to hold all the arrested people.

Once in office they are in charge and there is nothing the people can do to change that until the next election when they can elect another bunch of grasping self centred megalomaniacs to tell them what to for four or five years.

People power removed the Heath government. People power can also remove this unelected government. This unelected government could very easily be removed by people power.

I think its time for a modern day Guy Fawkes.

Times have changed. We celebrate Guy Fawkes night because the powers that be caught him before he blew up the houses of parliament with all the people in it. Now they would celebrate his success if he managed to do it.:)

Times have changed. We celebrate Guy Fawkes night because the powers that be caught him before he blew up the houses of parliament with all the people in it. Now they would celebrate his success if he managed to do it.:)

Exactly, funny isn't it? We need a modern day Guy Fawkes who can do it without getting caught :hihi:

I think its time for a modern day Guy Fawkes.

We need someone or something to change the way we elect our representatives. I would not vote for any of the main parties because they are too busy trying to ensure they will be re-elected next time. Greed has taken over. There are some decent politicians but they hardly stand a chance.

Absolutely amazing ! Why not write a book on that. It could end up being a literaray classic alongside Dickens "Great Expectations"
I didn't say it was easy, I didn't say it was perfect and I didn't say it would work, it could fall flat on it's face.

Simplifying a lot, every constituency forms it's own party and chooses a head of the party to vote for come election time, that person represents the local electorate in their constituency, they agree beforehand to put the constituency first, legally binding contracts are put in place so that they can be removed from office if they don't perform as the constituency wishes.

Hopefully we end up with a parliament populated by representatives of each constituency and everyone has a voice in parliament rather than being told what to do by whichever colour rosette won.

It's risky and requires work but it could be done and it could break party politics.

No one wants that though, they want more of the same just with themselves in charge.

Archived