How to get rid of this unelected government

Bit more time now Tone, you are absolutely correct that there is nothing wrong with being a security guard, especially as he (if he is to be believed) has had a much more satisfying job as a steelworker before. What I will never get my head around is how somebody who earns the minimum wage or close to it, feels the urge to support a party whose principle aim is to look after the wealthy - they don't exactly need his support!
Which part of the Conservative Manifesto states that the Party's aim is to look after the wealthy?

I always understood that their principle aim is for people to look after themselves. What's wrong with that?

I agree that everyone should look after themselves. It is a very fair way forward giving true equality. I would suggest that an excellent first step is to ban inheritance so that we are really all "looking after ourselves" It is the only fair way to do it! What an excellent post from you!

I agree that everyone should look after themselves. It is a very fair way forward giving true equality. I would suggest that an excellent first step is to ban inheritance so that we are really all "looking after ourselves" It is the only fair way to do it! What an excellent post from you!
So when somebody dies, you would take their property and leave their kids and family with nothing?

Who would then benefit from their property and their life's work?

So when somebody dies, you would take their property and leave their kids and family with nothing?

Who would then benefit from their property and their life's work?

But Tony stated that the tories were all about people looking after themselves and he thought that it was a fantastic idea. You are a tory too so you must think the idea to be sound. People are not looking after themselves if mummy left them a couple of million are they? If you are a proper tory you should agree that all estates should go to the state. What is wrong with tory principles about people looking after themselves anyhow?

1) My understanding is that it isn't - I've seen coloured people campaigning for the BNP on tv.

But, back to the question please?

1) Really???

2) Judgements are made on deed not words, recent budget? Pensioners pay for tax cuts for millionaires?

Our friend Xenia seems to have done a runner anyway, since StanTamudo appears to have rumbled him!

But Tony stated that the tories were all about people looking after themselves and he thought that it was a fantastic idea. You are a tory too so you must think the idea to be sound. People are not looking after themselves if mummy left them a couple of million are they? If you are a proper tory you should agree that all estates should go to the state. What is wrong with tory principles about people looking after themselves anyhow?
I see little difference between looking after oneself and looking after one's family. A "proper Tory', or proper anything with a sensible head, will hardly wish to see families stripped of their assets just because life's under-achievers are so resentfully jealous of somebody else having a few quid.

Taking away somebody's assets and 'distributing' them is hardly encouraging prosperity and individual success, vital to the leaders and entrepreneurs whose elitist successes make the entire economy thrive.

Archived