How to get rid of this unelected government

1) Really???

2) Judgements are made on deed not words, recent budget? Pensioners pay for tax cuts for millionaires?

Our friend Xenia seems to have done a runner anyway, since StanTamudo appears to have rumbled him!

1) yes.

2) How do pensioners pay for millionaires' tax cuts?

I see little difference between looking after oneself and looking after one's family. A "proper Tory', or proper anything with a sensible head, will hardly wish to see families stripped of their assets just because life's under-achievers are so resentfully jealous of somebody else having a few quid.

Taking away somebody's assets and 'distributing' them is hardly encouraging prosperity and individual success, vital to the leaders and entrepreneurs whose elitist successes make the entire economy thrive.

If you're going to make sweeping statements like that at least attempt to substantiate them.

If you're going to make sweeping statements like that at least attempt to substantiate them.
It's not rocket science Mecky.

Why would somebody slog their guts out to build a business and personal asset empire if they knew the state was just going to rob them of it when they die rather than let them leave it to their family? Most parents are driven to provide for their families and this rarely stops when the kids hit 18 - leaving a legacy for the family is very important to many people, if that's not to difficult to accept/understand?

I see little difference between looking after oneself and looking after one's family. A "proper Tory', or proper anything with a sensible head, will hardly wish to see families stripped of their assets just because life's under-achievers are so resentfully jealous of somebody else having a few quid.

Taking away somebody's assets and 'distributing' them is hardly encouraging prosperity and individual success, vital to the leaders and entrepreneurs whose elitist successes make the entire economy thrive.

Then as a tory you do not believe in people looking after themselves and do not believe in equality? I am afraid that we differ greatly here. Whereas you believe in privilege, I believe in equality.

"Looking after oneself" and spending mummy and daddies money are very different. Why are people who get benefits any different than people who live on money earned 3 or 4 generations ago?

The people with the inherited money are bigger spongers as they get more money.

Then as a tory you do not believe in people looking after themselves and do not believe in equality? I am afraid that we differ greatly here. Whereas you believe in privilege, I believe in equality.

"Looking after oneself" and spending mummy and daddies money are very different. Why are people who get benefits any different than people who live on money earned 3 or 4 generations ago?

The people with the inherited money are bigger spongers as they get more money.

We differ indeed. For a start, I don't believe in equality. I don't think we're all equal - far from it.

I don't have a problem with privilege. It doesn't hurt me and I have better things to ponder in life than being bitter and envious of people who inherit money.

The difference you ask for above is that the inherited money has been earned - benefits have not.

Money doesn't buy happiness, sometimes it can bring unwanted problems.

Who would want to have the problems associated with maintaining, decorating or heating a large mansion.

Always keep in mind that it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than a rich man to pass through the gates of heaven.

How is the government taking from the poor and giving to the rich?

Rich people pay taxes, poor people suck up benefits. Are those benefits collected back up and given to rich people?

dont you mean rich people pay as little as tax as possible :hihi: pity you cant say the same thing about the less well off :roll:.

It's not rocket science Mecky.

Why would somebody slog their guts out to build a business and personal asset empire if they knew the state was just going to rob them of it when they die rather than let them leave it to their family? Most parents are driven to provide for their families and this rarely stops when the kids hit 18 - leaving a legacy for the family is very important to many people, if that's not to difficult to accept/understand?

So you're saying our tax haven friends work harder than say somone stacking shelves or working on a checkout in Tesco?

So you're saying our tax haven friends work harder than say somone stacking shelves or working on a checkout in Tesco?

Not everyone who has a business uses a tax haven. :loopy:

Theres way too much generalisation on this thread and it ruins it. :(

We differ indeed. For a start, I don't believe in equality. I don't think we're all equal - far from it.

I don't have a problem with privilege. It doesn't hurt me and I have better things to ponder in life than being bitter and envious of people who inherit money.

The difference you ask for above is that the inherited money has been earned - benefits have not.

That is what I thought. You are bitter and twisted about people who receive benefits, which in fact have been earned by others, yet you think it fair that privileged people can spend money that others have earned.

I have no problem with people getting benefits that someone has earned.

Archived