How to get rid of this unelected government

Do YOU have the will?

You know what they say, where theres a will theres a way!! :o

Is there anyone called Will here who also has the will? That would be even better.

I am a worker in a key industry. If my union called me to go on strike, I would be prepared to withdraw my labour for a long as it takes to get rid of this scum government.

I am a worker in a key industry. If my union called me to go on strike, I would be prepared to withdraw my labour for a long as it takes to get rid of this scum government.

Thankfully for democracy, it wouldn't work. The government that was elected by the people, will remian in power regardless of what efforts you think you might be able to make.

Thankfully for democracy, it wouldn't work. The government that was elected by the people, will remian in power regardless of what efforts you think you might be able to make.

Tanker drivers talk of going on strike and England panics, yet you say that? You are out of touch.

Saying the government, as a coallition wasn't elected, but the Conservative party were. How many of the policies that people are disagreeing with are LibDem ones?

I know a lot of LibDem supporters are angry that Clegg sides with Cameron, but on the whole, the Conservatives are what was elected, marginally, and is that not what we're getting?

Some time ago I outlined a scheme whereby the people could take control of the country and run it without politicians and political parties, democracy would be true democracy the people would be consulted and they would be able to influence all major decisions, parliament would be slow but it would represent the people.

I found a very strange thing, very few people were interested in the possibility of a true democracy.

A lot wanted a violent solution but had no clue what to do once the last score had been settled and the last brick thrown, they seemed to think they'd be the ones making decisions after that though.

A few were put off by the amount of work or the risk of failure.

But the vast majority basically didn't give a monkeys about democracy, they wanted issues they were interested in to be decided their way and everyone else could go hang, they were right and everyone else was wrong and if only they could be in charge everything would be all right.

In short they wanted the same system we have now only they wanted to be in charge.

So it doesn't matter if anyone thinks the government isn't legitimate or it's not elected or it doesn't represent the people, the majority of people don't want a legitimate government that represents the wishes of the electorate and works for the good of the country instead of big business, they just want to be the one giving the orders.

In a nutshell (albeit, a large one).

Is a repeat of the 60s & 70s really what people want? Strikes were commonplace regardless of which party was in power.

'With the decline of Britain’s economy during the 1960s, the trade unions began to strike leading to a complete breakdown with both the Labour Government of Harold Wilson and later with the Conservative Government of Edward Heath (1970–1974). In the early 1970s, the British economy suffered more as strike action by trade unions, plus the effects of the 1973 oil crisis, led to a three day week in 1973-74. In all, over nine million days were lost to strike action under Heath’s Government alone. However, despite a brief period of calm negotiated by the recently re-elected Labour Government of 1974 known as the Social Contract, a break down with the unions occurred again in 1978, leading to the Winter of Discontent, and eventually leading to the end of the Labour Government, then being led by James Callaghan, who had succeeded Wilson in 1976. '

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_history_of_the_United_Kingdom#1960.E2.80.931979:_the_Sixties_and_Seventies

I apologise for the info being from Wikipedia, but I remember those times and it seems pretty accurate.

This government is the result of how we, the people voted. Or at least how those who bothered to vote, voted.

And I second the post ^^ re what Esme said.

I wonder why there are so many politically illiterate people on Sheffield Forum? There are certainly a lot who don't seem to understand the concept of a coalition.

I think they do understand it really - after all the parties they support are just coalitions of people with differing interests and concerns.

They don't want to admit it because they wouldn't have an excuse for moaning about the current 'unelected government' and somehow seem to think that if there wasn't a coalition Labour would have somehow won the last election.

I never claimed that I could do it. However I know that it could easily be done if there was a will there to do it. Think about the power workers for example. Do you really think that this country could continue if all the power workers went on strike and stopped the electricity supplies?:)

You're not too top heavy in the brain deparment are you? What do you think would happen if everybody in the country suddenly lost their electricity?

70 odd million people sitting in the darkness, unable to heat food in many cases, shivering in unheated flats, buildings and houses, the whole of the London underground system completely paralyzed plus every suburban commuter system also affected, millions stranded fighting to get to work and back home often taking horrible detours because the buses would be completely full. And what about the food markets? They would have to shut down because yopu cant operate check out machines without electricity and untold millions of pounds worth of meat and other foods going bad..

Do you think that everybody would be going around yelling hurrahs for the strikers? Quite the reverse in fact Most of the populace would hate them with a passion

Little street corner hot heads like you spouting rubbish are a joke. You're not old enough to remember all the strikes that happend too many times in Britiain during the post war years. Strikes that eventually alienated the general polulation so much that when Thatcher came along they were only too happy to elect her and see her bring the communist led unions to heel.

Dont complain about Maggie too much you Thatcher haters. She was a creation of the strike happy workers. If it had not been her sooner or later it would have been someone else

Archived