How to get rid of this unelected government

You're not too top heavy in the brain deparment are you? What do you think would happen if everybody in the country suddenly lost their electricity?

70 odd million people sitting in the darkness, unable to heat food in many cases, shivering in unheated flats, buildings and houses, the whole of the London underground system completely paralyzed plus every surbuban commuter system also affected, millions stranded fighting to get to work and back home often taking horrible detours because the buses would be completely full. And what about the food markets. They would have to shut down because yopu cant operate check out machines without electricity and untold millions of poundsworth of meat and other foods going bad and.

Do you think that everybody would be going around yelling hurrahs for the strikers? Quite the reverse in fact Most of the populace would haste them with a passion

Little street corner hot heads spouting rubbish like you are a joke. You're not old enough to remember all the strikes that happend too many times in Britiain during the post war years. Strikes that eventually alienated the general polulation so so much that when Thatcher came along they were only too happy to elect her and see her bring the communist led Unions to heel.

Dont complain about Maggie too much you Thatcher haters. She was a creation of the strike happy workers. If it had not been her sooner or later it would have been someone else

Lol. When somebody starts banging on about 'the workers' it's a sure sign that he wouldn't recognise a shovel if he found one in a cheese sandwich.

But don't worry, they usually grow out of their Che Guevara fantasy world.

The tanker drivers have merely flexed their industrial muscle and look at the mayhem? If they do go on strike it will very quickly stop the country from functioning and bring it to its knees. Other workers have similar power too! Let us all flex our industrial muscles too and show this unelected government who the bosses really are!:o

Don't you left wing loons ever learn? We had all this "workers of the world unite and bring the Tory masters to their knees" garbage in the 70s. It didn't go well for the lefties. Old Labour were kicked out in 1979 and have been unelectable ever since. When the Tories got in Arthur Scargill thought he could bring the country to its knees. Instead he brought the miners to their knees. The country just carried on and stopped voting Labour for 18 years.

It's all very well flexing your muscles but you would be better advised to put something between your ears instead of the empty space that's there now. The unions are the paymasters of Labour. There is nothing more guaranteed to keep Labour out of office for the foreseeable future than a strike that seriously disadvantages ordinary hard working people. You layabouts don't need to get to work but some of us do.

FYI the tanker drivers have done nothing. The Tories have deliberately talked up the strike and Unite's control over Labour to distract from Pastygate and Dinnergate. You morons have all fallen for it. That's why they are the bosses and the "workers" never will be.

Lol. When somebody starts banging on about 'the workers' it's a sure sign that he wouldn't recognise a shovel if he found one in a cheese sandwich.

But don't worry, they usually grow out of their Che Guevara fantasy world.

I'll mail him an old 60s Che Guevara shirt if he lets me know his address

I am a worker in a key industry. If my union called me to go on strike, I would be prepared to withdraw my labour for a long as it takes to get rid of this scum government.

The miners thought they were in a key industry. Where are those indispensible key workers now? We'll all be delighted to see you join them.

I didn't say it was easy, I didn't say it was perfect and I didn't say it would work, it could fall flat on it's face.

Simplifying a lot, every constituency forms it's own party and chooses a head of the party to vote for come election time, that person represents the local electorate in their constituency, they agree beforehand to put the constituency first, legally binding contracts are put in place so that they can be removed from office if they don't perform as the constituency wishes.

Hopefully we end up with a parliament populated by representatives of each constituency and everyone has a voice in parliament rather than being told what to do by whichever colour rosette won.

It's risky and requires work but it could be done and it could break party politics.

No one wants that though, they want more of the same just with themselves in charge.

Just how many parties do you envisage in a parliament? :hihi:

A nightmare of dozens of squabbling heads all trying to get their own little agendas passed and fighting over who and what gets a piece of the pie from the national budget.

The only thing they could agree on in the end is how many potty breaks they're allowed to take each session.... or maybe I'm being too optimistic :hihi:

Well do you?:hihi::hihi::hihi:
The best idea I had was in post 39 but like I say no one is interested in having democracy, just more of the same with themselves in charge for the bits that interest them, so no I don't, that's why I was so interested in seeing your plan.

It is morally more correct for people with industrial muscle to remove this unelected government than it is for them to continue to govern.

I see Arthur Scargill's medication is wearing off again and the delusion is returning.

Archived