'People you might know' on Facebook?

Way bit of a con this.

I get the people you may know , so I click to add only to find I've now been banned for adding people I don't know.

I'm now serving another 14 day ban for something Facebook recommended me to do.

I add one person and they slap me with the ban and it keeps getting longer ban.

Most of the people I may know are actually people I know - former colleagues mainly who get picked up due to us having a number of friends (other current and former colleagues) in common.

However, just because I know them doesn't make them a friend :)

I played in a rock band and got loads of friends requests from people who I assume came to see us play. Its probably difficult to know and easy to offend. But it's also easy to delete folks with whom you no longer interact.

I suppose the site also puts you in touch with folk who share interests, but there is no need to accept anyone just because facebook puts them forward.

Way bit of a con this.

I get the people you may know , so I click to add only to find I've now been banned for adding people I don't know.

I'm now serving another 14 day ban for something Facebook recommended me to do.

I add one person and they slap me with the ban and it keeps getting longer ban.

Ermm, presumably you don't really know these people, and they click the report button when they get your friend request.

Maybe if you stick to only adding people that you actually know then you wouldn't have a problem.

Ermm, presumably you don't really know these people, and they click the report button when they get your friend request.

Maybe if you stick to only adding people that you actually know then you wouldn't have a problem.

Eh , one was my daughter !

It made the suggestion , I clicked add , it said you appear not to know this person, Facebook signed out and signed back in now I have a 14 day ban ??

It seems I can only add shops and businesses , if I add a real person I get a ban !

Archived