'People you might know' on Facebook?

fb has the disgraceful habit of uploading all your phone contacts when you download the phone app without explicitly asking, the defense is that you agreed in the small print. It does this to 'enhance the customer experience', this includes suggesting people you may know. There's an exploit where you can sometimes find out who has your phone number in their phone contact list.

There were some famous cases where people found out life changing private information, google it!

"If you dont have to pay to use a product, you are the product".

Way bit of a con this.

I get the people you may know , so I click to add only to find I've now been banned for adding people I don't know.

I'm now serving another 14 day ban for something Facebook recommended me to do.

I add one person and they slap me with the ban and it keeps getting longer ban.

This is because if you don't actually know them, they can click ignore, and report.

I guess every time you get reported, you get a ban, which is actually good, as it stops those fake accounts who add everyone. All my friends got added by an Indian sounding guy, who reckoned he went to our school, which he didn't. Just a weird person, probably a hacker/spammer.

So his daughter reported him as not knowing her?

If he added someone else before, and they reported him, he may well have got another ban for trying to add anyone else in a certain time period.

However, if, as he says, he has only added 4 people, and has been banned every time, then something is clearly wrong... Op, you see on the picture you posted, when theres a link to if this has happened by mistake, I think you ned to click it! :|

Archived