Earth Hour - What will you be doing tonight?

I shall ignore it, it's just more eco-cobblers from the usual bunch of sanctimonious lentil munchers that want us all to live in caves.

Living sustainably doesn't mean living without modern technology or comforts. It means living sustainably. The resources we consume are limited - sooner or later we have to think of alternatives, or you really will have to start giving stuff up.

Living sustainably doesn't mean living without modern technology or comforts. It means living sustainably. The resources we consume are limited - sooner or later we have to think of alternatives, or you really will have to start giving stuff up.

Earth Day, Sustainability, Dolphins, Eskimos - who cares? It's all a bunch of tree-hugging hippie crap.

It's cobblers, there is no point in me turning off the useless light bulbs the misguided fools have forced me to fit while China and India continue belching out whatever polutans they like.

It's cobblers, there is no point in me turning off the useless light bulbs the misguided fools have forced me to fit while China and India continue belching out whatever polutans they like.

If we all take that attitude, then true, nothing will happen. But if all the people who say it's pointless actually made one small change, it would add up. No one is pretending it's not a massive task to alter the unsustainable ways of industrialised society. The point is they will alter, but only when it's too late and the very environment we exist within starts to crumble around us. In that case, I think it's actually a good idea to try and do something about it before the effects of environmental abuse really take hold.

What it comes down to is 'don't **** on your own doorstep'. You've just proved it with your post above - we aren't living in isolated bubbles, the actions of others halfway across the world affect people everywhere. So if you don't like that, you really ought to try and make something happen to improve it.

Archived