Tax return advice

Suggest you contact an accountant, if your circumstances are not complicated should only cost about £100 and could possibly save you that on your tax,plus it can be offset against your tax liability.

Yeah i may do this but i won't have a liability to pay anyway so it won't offset against my bill as i won't have one to pay anyway.

I just thought it may be pretty simple to do by myself without having to pay £100 to an accountant to do it for me..... Think i only need to claim my tax back i have paid and also the mileage i have done.

Can you claim back the national insurance you have paid too?

If your total income for the entire year, is lower than the amount of your personal allowance, you should have paid zero tax and so you can claim back whatever tax you have paid.

How you go about that, I couldn't help you with. I can't even tell you what your personal allowance is, except that the most common one is £7,475, and if your tax code begins with 747 that's what yours is.

I thought the personal allowance was 8 grand as of this april?

I thought the personal allowance was 8 grand as of this april?

It is going up, I couldn't tell you exactly to how much, but the OP's question concerns money earnt for the current year, and so the current amount, before it goes up in a few days' time, is what's important here.

Archived