Just been on the Ouija Board.

There was a case in The Star some years ago, where these people had played with a ouija board, and all became mentally ill afterwards.

Ahh.. the reliable fountain of accurate facts and truth, known as the Star :hihi:

On the other hand these events may have taken place, but I would be interested to read if there were any more factors involved than just a ouija board (before AND after playing it).

Beware of ouija boards, they encourage the spirits not all of the are freindly and they linger in your home afterwards. I know from experience. I tried it when i was younger and the house became haunted. Not long after the boards were banned.

Utter nonsense, and ouija boards have never been banned.

I bet you believe everything you see on Most Haunted as well.

There have been no strange goings on since we contacted the undead the other night. My daughter tried to blame the mess in her room on evil spirits but I know better. As for the 'intuative' picking up on how or where a friend is, I can't buy into that either. I have to use Occam's razor.

I don't need anybody to buy into it - I'm not selling it ;)
Sure you were, what an odd thing to say. Don't back down now!

I do wonder sometimes whether it bothers me more than it would do if it were somehow 'acceptable'
What do you mean by this part?

There have been no strange goings on since we contacted the undead the other night. My daughter tried to blame the mess in her room on evil spirits but I know better. As for the 'intuative' picking up on how or where a friend is, I can't buy into that either. I have to use Occam's razor.
Were these 'evil spirits' acquired at a local hostelry? :hihi:

Occam's razor is overused

There's a whole heap of 'old wives tale' type treatments for ailments that fell out of favour in modern times, but are currently being revisited by the medical profession - only to find that we knew more about these things in days of yore, and they do actually do what was once claimed :huh:

Shall we discuss astrology and tide tables ;)

Beware of ouija boards, they encourage the spirits not all of the are freindly and they linger in your home afterwards. I know from experience. I tried it when i was younger and the house became haunted. Not long after the boards were banned.

They don't encourage anything if you don't believe people's personalities survive after their bodies are destroyed. And don't believe in supernatural deities. It's a game, marketed by an American games company.

There was a case in The Star some years ago, where these people had played with a ouija board, and all became mentally ill afterwards.

Just because one thing happens after another doesn't mean the first thing is the cause and the second is the effect.

Archived